vlc player problem

Issues related to software problems

vlc player problem

Postby labradorg13 » 2010/09/24 06:13:01

Elow good day all.

I use Centos 4.8 i386.

After downloading and running all the rpm file from the site I downloaded (http://download.polytechnic.edu.na/pub2 ... edhat-9.0/).

My VLC is running but no video and audio.
How can I fix this problem?
Is there anything to use an installation without using yum or any update from the web. Because my problem is I don't have an internet connection in my house. What I have to do, is download the file from office internet and install when i get in home.

Pls. any can help for me. I try to resolve this problem but it seems so very hard.
This is my first time to use linux.

Thanks so many much.

Sorry for my bad english!
labradorg13

Re: vlc player problem

Postby pschaff » 2010/09/27 17:25:43

Welcome to the CentOS fora. The following reading is recommended for new users:
Readme First
Installing Software
Where to Find Answers
How to provide information about your system

I'm surprised that it installed and worked at all. Red Hat 9 is vintage 2003 and a totally different product from RHEL and CentOS. After reading the above links, you should visit the Wiki TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS article. Although it is for CentOS 5 it should point you in the right direction.

Installing without an Internet connection is going to be tricky. You may need several rounds of downloading, attempting to install, and then getting missing dependencies, but at least be sure you get packages from EL4/CentOS-4 compatible repos.
pschaff
Retired Moderator

vlc player problem

Postby gerald_clark » 2010/09/27 17:34:10

You would have better luck taking your computer to a freind's house where internet connection is available.
gerald_clark

Return to CentOS 4 - Software Support