Fri Jan 14 21:18:46 EST 2011
Based on feedback, we seem to have general consensus that getting 5.6/
to mirrors first is the way to go. However, this does not mean that work
on 6.0 will stop, we will try and get the isos ready - but we might need
to give the mirrors a bit of a break before releasing those as well.
I'll get a timeline in place with details after the weekend.
thanks everyone for feedback on this issue
We are going to try and start seeding 5.6 by the end of this week
Karanbir Singh wrote on Thu Feb 17 01:16:57 EST 2011
On 02/16/2011 08:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Since that interview was about two weeks ago, I don't think it's
> unreasonable to have a brief status update at this point.
We were still planning on having thing ready for last weekend, I'd say
aiming for this weekend isnt unreasonable on the 5.6 front. 6 should be
2 weeks from 5.6.
Johnny is going to refocus and work with Tru on 4.9; and work on that
has started already ( and should not really impact work on 6 )
I'll try and collect all the details etc and work with the other guys to
have some sort of a tentative plan in the day today and post that.
[The] [i]infrastructure to host 5.6 is being setup right now, ETA 72 hours.[/i] [This has now been completed.]
[The final build of the bulk of the] [i]5.6 tree is done. We have[/i] [had] [i]a few failing tests[/i] [to resolve]
[i]- nothing to write home about,[/i] [either] [i]build order changing or legacy builds[/i] [that had been] [i]pushed
into[/i] [the] [i]current tree[/i]. [For example] [i]RH built[/i] [the] [i]foo.rpm[/i] [package] [i]in July[/i] [of] [i]last year and
dropped[/i] [it] [i]into the 5.6 tree[/i] [to be linked] [i]into January 2011 packages.[/i]
[I would refer to those last few iterations as the "final polish". Once that process is complete,
the tree will be made available to the QA team for verification. Assuming that all the boxes can
then be ticked in QA,] [i]we can start seeding for[/i] [the] [i]release[/i] [of CentOS] [i]5.6 within seven days.[/i]
[All being well, CentOS 5.6 should be released by the end of February 2011. It would have to be a major
problem to cause C-5.6 to be delayed until March. So the advice is not to formulate plans based on my
guestimate but, instead, hope for the best whilst being prepared for the worst.]
5.6: is in QA. Akemi  found a "blocker" in the installer last night.
We are working through that issue at the moment.
The full suite of my private tests for centos-5.6 ran through yesterday, looks like we have all blocker issues: Fixed.
the paln seems to be : seed 4.9 and follow up with 5.6. There should be a more formal announce soon
We are testing 5.6 right now in QA.
There was a particularly nasty bug in anaconda for 5.6 that we were
working on for almost a week with new distro/iso spins at least once a
day during this period. We seem to have finally fixed this problem and
we are getting good tests with the i386 now.
[i]We should have 4.9 out either today or tomorrow and then 5.6 immediately after
that, as the mirror traffic clears out. Should not be too long given that the actual
update delta from 4.8 -> 4.9 is exceptionally small. ( It's under 300 MB per mirror! )[/i]
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests