Nagios menu error

Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting server daemons such as Web and Mail
MickKi

Nagios menu error

Post by MickKi » 2008/12/27 19:33:19

Hi All,

I have set up Nagios 3.0.6-1.el4.rf on CentOS 4 server 2.6.9-78.0.8.EL and I cannot resolve this error that I get when I click on the menu of the served Nagios pages:
[code]Whoops!

Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to check for errors.
Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or status data errors.

Make sure you read the documentation on installing, configuring and running Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending a message to one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at http://www.nagios.org.[/code]

Originally I was getting a system error, which seems to have been SELinux related. I have now overcome this by modifying the SELinux settings.

However, I am lost as to what is causing the above. I've been through all the expected causes of errors like permissions and ownership and can't see where the problem lies.

Any ideas?

scottro
Forum Moderator

Re: Nagios menu error

Post by scottro » 2008/12/28 00:44:34

Did you run nagios -v /etc/nagios.cfg?

That's the first step. (They suggest it in the error message.)
I don't know if you've checked Max Hetrick's article on the wiki, but that's definitely worth a read if you're not that familiar with nagios.
Sigh, now if I don't put the link, Alan will come by and put it in, making me feel as if I'm making him do my work, so....

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Nagios

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Re: Nagios menu error

Post by AlanBartlett » 2008/12/28 11:02:15

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well. :-D

Return to “CentOS 4 - Server Support”