shim fails to load MokManager

Support for security such as Firewalls and securing linux
TrevorH
Forum Moderator

Re: shim fails to load MokManager

Post by TrevorH » 2018/11/02 09:20:51

So one TPM with a BIOS setting to change its mode and the right mode needs to be chosen.
CentOS 5 died in March 2017 - migrate NOW!
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

Spork Schivago

Re: shim fails to load MokManager

Post by Spork Schivago » 2018/11/02 16:06:46

TrevorH wrote:
2018/11/02 09:20:51
So one TPM with a BIOS setting to change its mode and the right mode needs to be chosen.
I understand his post now. My TPM chip is 2.0 though. I can convert it to a v1.2 TPM chip. Is there something wrong with 2.0?

My TPM chip was freshly installed into the machine. The machine never had a TPM chip installed before. I also installed new hard drives at the same time, so no OS had not been installed. I did a fresh install of CentOS 7 and when I rebooted, that's when it refused to boot with that error message.

Downgrading the shim package fixed my issue. To me, that sounds like it's not an issue with my TPM chip being misconfigured, but more something wrong with the how the packages for CentOS are handling it...unless the older version of shim was flawed and the latest version on the repo's fixed some flaw that breaks my default configuration....
-- Niklaus Wirth's Law: software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster.