The CentOS-6.0 Continuous Release ( CR ) repository is now available on
mirror.centos.org. This repository contains rpms to be included in the
next CentOS-6.x release ( 6.1 ). Because these include security and bugfix
updates, we strongly recommend everyone using CentOS-6 install and
update their system using this repository.
Download and Install:
The centos-release-cr-6.x rpms are available in the Extras repository. You
can either run: 'yum install centos-release-cr', and follow yum's prompt or
download the rpms directly, install them using rpm and then use yum to run
the system updates.
i386:http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/extra ... s.i686.rpm
( sha256: 9fc78d2d79abeb1513f0851d075a2860f5039fc8db3fb0db4c660252fffda894 )
x86_64:http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/extra ... x86_64.rpm
( sha256: bd55e1505caae2f78c306290d235b7f54833fcad5a9f1942b3cb54e28f7bfe73 )
- All rpms in the CR repo are signed with the main distro key.
- While the existing CR repo has most of the updates, we aim to have
completed all updates in the next 2 to 3 days time.
- All updates released since 6.0, will be added to the 6.0/cr/ repository.
This includes bugfix and enhancement updates released as a part of 6.1
- Once 6.1 is released, the 6.0/cr/ repositories will be removed ( they
will not be available on vault.centos.org )
- Once 6.1 is released, the migration from 6.0 to 6.1 will remain seemless
for people running with the CR repository. There will be no manual
work needed on the machine.
- Baseurl for the CR repo is set to only use centos.org internal
machines, this is to reduce the amount of time we need to spend in
seeding and then managing external mirrors.
- All contents in the CR repo will be announced into a separate
announcement list; once 6.1 is released the announcements will be
re-sent to the centos-announce list.
- Additional notes are available at : http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResour ... itories/CR
Comments and feedback are always welcome.
The CentOS Project
irc: z00dax, #centos at irc.freenode.net