Not able to get the port status and tcp setting on BrandZ fake linux i686

General support questions

Not able to get the port status and tcp setting on BrandZ fake linux i686

Postby stum » 2011/07/14 07:04:19

Centos Braded zone running on Solaris10 , with the shared nic card. sysctl & netstat -an commands are not working to check the port and tcp setting on the CentOS Zone. Please let me know if there any any other way to check it.

# sysctl -a
error: unable to open directory '/proc/sys/'

netstat -a does not work.

lsof does not work.
stum

Not able to get the port status and tcp setting on BrandZ fa

Postby pschaff » 2011/07/15 18:06:27

Welcome to the CentOS fora. Please see the recommended reading for new users linked in my signature.

I never heard of Solaris BrandZ before, but the web page states:
Linux Zones on Solaris

The lx brand enables Linux binary applications to run unmodified on Solaris, within zones running a complete Linux userspace. The combination of BrandZ and the lx brand will be productized as Solaris Containers for Linux Applications.

The lx brand is not a Linux distribution and does not contain any Linux software at all. The lx brand enables user-level Linux software to run on a machine with a Solaris kernel, and includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution inside a zone on a Solaris system.

The lx brand will run on x86/x64 systems booted with either a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel. Regardless of the underlying kernel, only 32-bit Linux applications are able to run.

Apparently only a subset of CentOS is expected to work, so problems are not surprising with this experimental environment. The issues you are experiencing seem pretty certain to be Solaris BrandZ issues and not CentOS problems per se. I doubt much help can be found here.
pschaff
Retired Moderator

Return to CentOS 6 - General Support