#centos-devel: CentOS Board public meeting

Meeting started by quaid at 21:04:16 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Core S (quaid, 21:07:11)
  2. Core SIG (quaid, 21:07:19)
    1. although RHEL 7 upstream isn't doing a 32-bit build, we have reason to do it as part of building the main distro. (quaid, 21:08:39)
    2. IDEA: 32-bit is part of Core SIG (quaid, 21:08:44)
    3. IDEA: or 32-bit is it's own SIG (quaid, 21:08:49)
    4. for 64-bit we don't need to build 32-bit ISOs, make sure installs work, and make sure kernels work (quaid, 21:09:37)
    5. IDEA: we could do most of the work in the Core SIG and have the 32-bit SIG focus on the final ISO building and testing (quaid, 21:09:54)
    6. AGREED: Core SIG can produce 32-bit RPMs, and 32-bit SIG can focus on building and testing ISOs; as that SIG gains merit they can gain more access to do the work; all of the work could be tested as part of the QA. (quaid, 21:16:42)

  3. Virt SIG proposal (quaid, 21:17:09)
    1. Virt SIG would be for all virtualization-related updated software needs, bootstrapping with Xen (quaid, 21:25:36)
    2. IDEA: SIGs should look to the common e.g. qemu in Virt SIG (even to maybe carry a patch for them) before carrying their own variation of a package in their own SIG (quaid, 21:30:39)
    3. IDEA: make it so everyone can consume from central (quaid, 21:31:02)
    4. IDEA: Virt SIG could be a good place for carrying the latest upstream KVM for those who want it (quaid, 21:31:25)
    5. Virt SIG will also need to carry a new libvirt (quaid, 21:32:17)
    6. http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Core (quaid, 21:32:57)
    7. ACTION: Core SIG needs to update it's charter & run that by the Board (quaid, 21:36:12)
    8. 'CentOS' in the Core SIG description means "CentOS Linux, controls everything not done by other SIGs, is the core OS" (quaid, 21:40:25)
    9. IDEA: have an Infra SIG that takes the infrastructure management work off the hands of the Core SIG, who can then maintian just the build system (or systems for the community builders) (quaid, 21:41:38)
    10. AGREED: tentatively agreed to approve Virt SIG proposal as new charter, upcoming content on the Wiki; need to get input from Tru (quaid, 21:50:37)

  4. Any other business? (quaid, 21:50:43)
    1. In general, we'll be able to bring up functional SIGs e.g. Documentation, QA, Promo, Artwork, etc.; have a dependency on an auth system to share resources granularly v. all-or-nothing (quaid, 21:56:23)
    2. Jim Perrin has been working with FreeIPA and Fedora Auth System (FAS) to see how they compare; FreeIPA looks really nice & would be a good reference story; FAS has all the features we need but is really customized. (quaid, 22:00:49)


Meeting ended at 22:03:45 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Core SIG needs to update it's charter & run that by the Board


People present (lines said)

  1. quaid (41)
  2. Evolution (15)
  3. toracat (12)
  4. hughesjr (9)
  5. range (4)
  6. csieh (4)
  7. centbot (3)
  8. kbsingh (2)
  9. ccmolik (1)
  10. Arrfab (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.