#centos-devel: CentOS Config Management SIG

Meeting started by roidelapluie at 16:03:30 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Agenda (roidelapluie, 16:03:34)
    1. Topic: Welcome and Thanks / Presentation of the SIG for the folks in #centos-devel (roidelapluie, 16:03:37)
    2. Topic: Election of the SIG Chair AND Co-Chair / decisions about SIG governance (roidelapluie, 16:03:40)
    3. Topic: Validation of the content of the SIG presentation in the Wiki (roidelapluie, 16:03:43)
    4. Topic: Decisions about Koji tags (per projects) / Introduction to CBS (with bstinson) (roidelapluie, 16:03:45)
    5. Topic: Future plans for CI (roidelapluie, 16:03:48)
    6. Topic: How to deal with security (interactions with upstream mailing lists/Centos security team etc) (roidelapluie, 16:03:49)
    7. Topic: Schedule of the Next Meetings (roidelapluie, 16:03:52)
    8. Topic: Next steps (roidelapluie, 16:03:52)
    9. Topic: Misc (roidelapluie, 16:03:54)

  2. Welcome and Thanks / Presentation of the SIG for the folks in #centos-devel (roidelapluie, 16:03:59)
    1. https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG is the wiki page for the SIG (roidelapluie, 16:04:02)

  3. Election of the SIG Chair AND Co-Chair / decisions about SIG governance (roidelapluie, 16:12:58)
    1. https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG/Governance (roidelapluie, 16:14:19)
    2. ACTION: roidelapluie to rewrite the governance rules to include the comitee (roidelapluie, 16:28:18)
    3. ACTION: roidelapluie to send a mail to centos-devel to call for comitee members (roidelapluie, 16:28:58)
    4. AGREED: the SIG will be managed by a comitee (roidelapluie, 16:29:12)
    5. Topic: Validation of the content of the SIG presentation in the Wiki (roidelapluie, 16:29:18)

  4. Validation of the content of the SIG presentation in the Wiki (roidelapluie, 16:29:24)
  5. Decisions about Koji tags (per projects) / Introduction to CBS (with bstinson) (roidelapluie, 16:30:49)
    1. https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem (bstinson, 16:33:16)
    2. New tags are needed to build into CBS (roidelapluie, 16:38:21)
    3. Each projects needs to have its own tags. e.g. configmanagement7-puppet-38-candidate configmanagement7-puppet-38-testing configmanagement7-puppet-38-release (roidelapluie, 16:38:45)
    4. https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide/Content/GitBranchesandKojiTags (bstinson, 16:39:55)
    5. fcami: EPEL as per policy will probably not change package versions unless 100% compatible (roidelapluie, 16:44:18)
    6. ACTION: SIG members to send tag requests to bugs.centos.org (roidelapluie, 16:45:37)
    7. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies#Some_examples_of_what_package_updates_that_are_fine_or_not (roidelapluie, 16:45:53)
    8. ACTION: roidelapluie to contact the list about SCL prefixes (roidelapluie, 16:51:13)

  6. Future plans for CI (roidelapluie, 16:51:20)
  7. How to deal with security (interactions with upstream mailing lists/Centos security team etc) (roidelapluie, 17:05:25)
  8. Schedule of the Next Meetings (roidelapluie, 17:11:27)
  9. Misc (roidelapluie, 17:15:48)
    1. ACTION: roidelapluie to propose to everyone to play with CBS before the next meeting (roidelapluie, 17:21:01)
    2. Next meeting will be in 3 weeks (roidelapluie, 17:21:39)
    3. thanks to everyone attending the meeting. Please reach centos-devel mailing list for further discussions. (roidelapluie, 17:22:33)


Meeting ended at 17:22:38 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. roidelapluie to rewrite the governance rules to include the comitee
  2. roidelapluie to send a mail to centos-devel to call for comitee members
  3. SIG members to send tag requests to bugs.centos.org
  4. roidelapluie to contact the list about SCL prefixes
  5. roidelapluie to propose to everyone to play with CBS before the next meeting


Action items, by person

  1. roidelapluie
    1. roidelapluie to rewrite the governance rules to include the comitee
    2. roidelapluie to send a mail to centos-devel to call for comitee members
    3. roidelapluie to contact the list about SCL prefixes
    4. roidelapluie to propose to everyone to play with CBS before the next meeting


People present (lines said)

  1. roidelapluie (166)
  2. kbsingh (41)
  3. bstinson (28)
  4. sc` (13)
  5. vincent_vdk (10)
  6. fcami (9)
  7. kenny1 (4)
  8. jooooooon (4)
  9. alphacc (3)
  10. centbot (3)
  11. dmurphy18 (1)
  12. Arrfab (0)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.