17:01:18 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
17:01:18 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Apr  5 17:01:18 2017 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:01:18 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:01:24 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:01:46 * sdodson here
17:01:53 <tdawson> herlo has already let me know he won't be here today
17:03:55 * _ari_ here
17:03:58 * tdawson hopes that _ari_ is here today.  I've only heard bits and pieces of how he's doing with the automation
17:04:25 <_ari_> tdawson: yes getting closer but have been pulled in different directions and meetings :(
17:04:27 <lon> o/
17:04:35 * lon here
17:04:38 <lon> (late)
17:04:40 <_ari_> I was actually finishing up the playbooks
17:05:10 <tdawson> lon: glad you could make it.
17:05:14 <tdawson> _ari_: You too.
17:05:27 <_ari_> tdawson: yes my apologies
17:05:37 <lon> yeah, recent things related to collectd / EPEL - mrunge_ here?
17:05:38 <tdawson> sdodson: I'm glad you could make it too ... it's just that you were here from the beginning ... and I was a bit lazy :)
17:05:58 <tdawson> #chair tdawson sdodson _ari_
17:05:58 <centbot> Current chairs: _ari_ sdodson tdawson
17:06:18 <tdawson> lon: I'm wondering if you are thinking of the meeting right after this one ... this one is Paas
17:06:29 * lon looks
17:06:36 <lon> oh, I didn't adjust the meeting for DST.
17:06:38 <tdawson> lon: The daylight savings time change (but UTC doesn't) messes up alot of people.
17:06:48 * lon poofs
17:06:49 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:07:02 * tdawson looks around for lon but doesn't see him anymore.
17:07:27 <tdawson> Stating with rpms
17:08:15 <tdawson> Nothing of note for rpms in general, unless we wanted to talk about the automation
17:09:20 <tdawson> How about we hold off on that until we get to automation ... cuz the only thing between this topic and that is Documentation, that hasn't changed much.
17:11:23 <_ari_> sure
17:11:24 <tdawson> So, unless anyone has anything that needs to be said about rpms, we're moving onto Documentation
17:12:03 <tdawson> For documentation, not much happened this week.  Hopefully when origin 1.5 is released, we'll get some updates on the documentation.
17:12:19 <tdawson> blogs and/or articles are also welcome.
17:12:48 <tdawson> And ... unless someone has anything else to say about Documentation ... let's move onto Automation
17:13:02 <tdawson> _ari_: How are things with automated building and testing?
17:13:25 <_ari_> tdawson: so building is going well I coordinated with skuznets again
17:14:11 <_ari_> some of his build scripts for 3.6.0 really take affect post alpha so we can use them for bleeding edge but 3.6.0-alpha is different
17:14:22 <_ari_> tdawson: how important is it to get that out there?
17:14:42 <_ari_> we could take what is on master and build that and call it alpha but that really isn't correct
17:15:01 <_ari_> when 3.6.0-(next release) that would not be an issue
17:15:11 <tdawson> _ari_: I don't have anyone beating down my door for it
17:15:29 <_ari_> also when we generate the rpms they have the git commit in the name on the package is that an issue?
17:15:47 <tdawson> _ari_: If it would help you get your automation and testing going, then I say build what is on master and call it alpha ... but if that would make things worse, then don't do it.
17:15:50 <_ari_> tdawson: ok good then that gives us time to get all this in place
17:16:11 <_ari_> I can build as is off master is easy
17:16:28 <tdawson> _ari_: The git commit this isn't really an issue, as long as there is a way to tell which is newer.
17:16:56 <_ari_> I believe that the nvr still gets bumped so it shouldn't be
17:17:07 <tdawson> _ari_: sounds good
17:17:42 <tdawson> _ari_: I think if you're using tito it somehow keeps track of the various bumps and adds a number at the begging sort like 0.1.git  0.2.git ... things like that.
17:17:46 <_ari_> so once I have that all complete we are good to go I am going to have a bleeding set and release set of jobs and offer the ability to specify the parameters through jenkins if you want to override the defaults
17:17:59 <_ari_> tdawson: it should
17:18:14 <tdawson> _ari_: Very cool
17:18:26 <_ari_> tdawson: so hopefully I can wrap that up today
17:18:55 <tdawson> _ari_: What about 1.5?  is that going to be automted, or are we getting things started with 3.6?
17:19:52 <_ari_> tdawson: I was focused on 3.6 we would have to do the old way for 1.5 or can you handle that one release as the last one not automated
17:20:23 <tdawson> _ari_: I think I can handle it as the last one not automated ... save you from having to deal with the old way.
17:20:36 <_ari_> tdawson: great thanks so much
17:20:59 <tdawson> _ari_: No problem
17:21:51 <_ari_> tdawson: that completes my update
17:22:04 <tdawson> _ari_: Sounds great, and thanks for all the work you've been putting into this.
17:22:41 <tdawson> Any questions before I move onto the next topic?
17:22:46 <_ari_> tdawson: sorry it is taking longer then expected
17:23:12 <tdawson> _ari_: Ya, there's been a few setbacks, but it sounds like it will move much more smoother with upstream now.
17:23:45 <tdawson> Moving on to Images and Image building
17:24:03 <_ari_> tdawson: yes my cheese has moved  bit ;)
17:25:16 <tdawson> last week rtnpro__ gave us a very good update on the CCCP building new images when rpms are updated.
17:25:37 <tdawson> I don't know if he's here this week though, I think we're out of his time zone.
17:25:54 <rtnpro__> tdawson, I am here
17:26:05 <tdawson> rtnpro__: Oh, good to hear.
17:26:28 <rtnpro__> tdawson, I am working on test cases for this feature and will get it deployed by this week
17:27:05 <tdawson> rtnpro__: that sounds great
17:27:54 <tdawson> rtnpro__: Will it be working on all images, or do people have to "sign up" somehow to get their images on the list to be updated?
17:28:25 <rtnpro> tdawson, it will work for all container images registered with CentOS container pipeline
17:28:54 <tdawson> rtnpro: Very nice
17:29:02 <rtnpro> tdawson, here's a demo of the feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQHlYO0n1w
17:29:37 <tdawson> Gotta love demos :)
17:30:20 * tdawson pauses it.  "I shouldn't be watching that while in the middle of a meeting." :)
17:30:33 <tdawson> I'll be sure to put the link in the notes I send out.
17:31:12 <tdawson> rtnpro: So, will you be able to let us know next week if it's implemented yet or not?
17:31:24 <rtnpro> tdawson, yes
17:31:42 <tdawson> rtnpro: Awesome .. I'll be sure to ping you next week.
17:31:51 <rtnpro> tdawson, cool
17:32:27 <tdawson> rtnpro: So next week a live demo ;) ... just kidding ... unless you really want to.
17:32:40 <tdawson> rtnpro: Anything else to add?
17:32:47 <rtnpro> tdawson, nope
17:33:12 <tdawson> rtnpro: OK, thank you for doing that, it's great to see.
17:33:25 <tdawson> Moving on to Multi-arch
17:33:53 <tdawson> I feel sorta bad, I didn't get anything done with multi-arch this week.
17:34:27 <tdawson> Still need to get -extras into the future build repos. ... just need to make a ticket for it.
17:34:41 <tdawson> Will get that done this week.
17:35:01 <tdawson> "Seperate Repos" work
17:35:40 <tdawson> We determined that we want each of our repos (origin13, origin14, ...etc) to be on their own, and not need the "common" repo.
17:36:05 <tdawson> I think I got origin13 done, in -testing, but then got swamped and wasn't able to either test, or work on any of the other repo's.
17:36:23 <tdawson> This week I plan on getting that finished.
17:37:17 <tdawson> As soon as we get some of the older ones finished and tested, I'll get them released and get yum configs created for them.
17:37:34 <tdawson> I think that's about it for the "Seperate Repo" work.
17:37:54 <tdawson> The next subject is minishift
17:38:18 <tdawson> lalatenduM:  Are you here this week?
17:38:32 <tdawson> And if not, does anyone have an update on the minishift work?
17:39:47 <tdawson> I didn't see any emails with updates, so I can't speak for him this week.
17:39:57 <tdawson> Let's assume it's going along very well. :)
17:40:16 <tdawson> That was my last agenda item except for Open Floor.
17:40:23 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:40:44 <tdawson> Does anyone have anything they want to talk about that hasn't been discussed yet?
17:43:24 <tdawson> OK, I'm going to consider the long pause as no, nobody has anything else to add.
17:43:44 <tdawson> It's been a great meeting.
17:44:10 <tdawson> Thanks to everyone who has been working to get the Paas stuff working good in the CentOS enviroment.
17:44:17 <tdawson> We'll talk to ya'll next week.
17:44:27 <tdawson> #endmeeting