17:01:40 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
17:01:40 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Apr 12 17:01:40 2017 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:01:40 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:01:46 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:02:05 <tdawson> _ari_ has already said that he won't be here today.
17:03:53 <lalatenduM> tdawson: hello
17:04:10 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Hello ... I'm glad you can make it today
17:06:19 * sdodson here
17:06:23 <tdawson> Hmmm ... looks like we're a bit light at the beginning ... hopefully it's like other weeks and people join as we go along. ...
17:06:33 <tdawson> Hi sdodson
17:06:58 <tdawson> #chair tdawson sdodson lalatenduM
17:06:58 <centbot> Current chairs: lalatenduM sdodson tdawson
17:07:13 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:07:57 <tdawson> We don't have too much to say about the origin and/or openshift-ansible rpms today ... but ...
17:08:33 <tdawson> We're hoping to have a 1.5 final release sometime before next week.
17:08:55 <tdawson> And it's corresponding openshift-ansible.
17:10:25 <tdawson> Since I'm not totally sure when Origin is going to officially release, I can't say for certain, but we hope to have them at least in -testing by next week.
17:11:13 <tdawson> sdodson: Anything to add about openshift-ansible 3.5?
17:11:30 <sdodson> tdawson: sorry,reading got distracted by a call
17:11:35 <tdawson> :)
17:11:48 <sdodson> no, i'd just include the same version that shipped in OCP 3.5
17:12:02 <tdawson> sdodson: OK, will do.
17:12:10 <lalatenduM> tdawson: 1.5 is not released in upstream right?
17:12:12 <sdodson> unfortunately we still need to patch in origin support for quick installer because i haven't gotten to modifying that via the specfile.
17:12:24 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Correct
17:12:32 <sdodson> tdawson: Do we intend to build 1.5.0-rc.0 or wait for GA?
17:12:46 <lalatenduM> tdawson: what the probable date for the release
17:13:22 <tdawson> lalatenduM: I'm really hoping it's before next wedensday.
17:13:44 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Closer than that, I don't dare guess, cuz I've been wrong several times before.
17:13:59 <lalatenduM> tdawson: np :)
17:14:31 <tdawson> sdodson: I was planning on waiting for GA
17:14:40 <sdodson> tdawson: k
17:16:02 <tdawson> lalatenduM: I was thinking of waiting to talk about the minishift rpms during the minishift section of the agenda ... or do you think now would be a good time?
17:17:05 <lalatenduM> tdawson: unfortunatly I did not get time to work on thsi last week :(. I willwork on this during this week
17:17:29 <tdawson> lalatenduM: that's a good summary then
17:17:32 <lalatenduM> not sure if Marcin is here
17:17:50 <tdawson> lalatenduM: How close is minishift to being a final release?
17:18:01 <tdawson> lalatenduM: It's still in a release candidate isn't it?
17:18:14 <lalatenduM> tdawson: Hopefully I would have more news next week
17:18:51 <lalatenduM> tdawson: yes, the current release is rc1
17:19:10 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Cool, can't wait for a final release.
17:19:16 <tdawson> Moving on to Documentation
17:19:47 <tdawson> Not too much to say.  I haven't done any yet.  But _ari_ said he was going to write a blog on the automation process.
17:20:12 <tdawson> Gotta love more blogs.
17:20:34 <tdawson> Moving on to images and image building
17:20:48 <tdawson> I don't know if rtnpro is here again this week or not.
17:21:58 <tdawson> I guess not
17:22:50 <tdawson> I haven't had a chance to verify if his work on CCCP building new images when rpms are updated has been merged in or not.  Last I heard he was close but doing a few more tests.
17:23:14 <tdawson> I guess we'll have to ask him next week, or hopefully he will write an email.
17:23:34 <tdawson> Moving on to multi-arch
17:23:39 <lalatenduM> tdawson: I think bamachrn might know more about it
17:23:43 <lalatenduM> they work together
17:24:00 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Do you know if bamachrn is on?
17:24:10 <lalatenduM> tdawson: not sure
17:24:53 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Hopefully if we say bamachrn enough he'll be on. :)
17:25:01 <lalatenduM> :)
17:25:07 <tdawson> But I'll continue just incase he isn't.
17:25:34 <tdawson> There was no progress on multi-arch (at least none that I know of) I just didn't have enough time in the week.
17:26:06 <tdawson> Which brings us to the part I did work on - Each release in it's own repo work.
17:26:57 <tdawson> I did get some progress in this.  Getting ansible and what I thought was most of the dependencies into each seperate repo.
17:27:17 <tdawson> The problem was, I wasn't using a clean machine for my tests.
17:27:47 <tdawson> Turns out I missed several packages, and I only found out just before this meeting.
17:28:24 <tdawson> So, in short, there was progress in the Seperate Repo work, but still some work to go.
17:29:01 <tdawson> Moving on to minishift
17:29:19 <tdawson> lalatenduM: I guess you already gave your progress on that
17:29:33 <lalatenduM> tdawson: right, on emore thing
17:30:11 <lalatenduM> tdawson: I need a cbs tag to build RPMs , so that I can use them to build the CentOS ISO
17:30:23 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Sure ... what's that ...
17:31:02 <lalatenduM> tdawson: a typical build tag with a new build root etc
17:31:21 <lalatenduM> I havenot thought about the tag name
17:31:39 <tdawson> lalatenduM: I usually use "cbs build paas7-openshift-common-el7 <package>"
17:33:01 <lalatenduM> tdawson: I mean  I should eb able to build RPMs and then use the RPM repo to build the ISO
17:33:21 <tdawson> lalatenduM: But you have to add the package first with "cbs add-pkg --owner lalatenduM paas7-openshift-common-{candidate,testing,release} <package>"
17:34:10 <lalatenduM> tdawson: we might want to keep the RPMs separate from paas7-openshift-common or it is ok to put them together
17:34:13 <lalatenduM> ?
17:34:35 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Well, it's at least a place to start
17:34:59 <lalatenduM> tdawson: right, I will send a mail about it , it may get more suggestions
17:35:21 <tdawson> lalatenduM: But if we want a seperate repo we could create something like paas7-minishift-{candidate,testing,release}
17:35:40 <lalatenduM> tdawson: yup, that sounds good
17:36:34 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Do you know the proceedure for asking for new tags and build enviroments?
17:36:49 <lalatenduM> tdawson: yes, have done it before once
17:37:17 <tdawson> lalatenduM: awesome
17:38:09 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Anything else where you might need some help?
17:38:22 <lalatenduM> tdawson: nope, thats it for this week :)
17:39:24 <tdawson> lalatenduM: OK ... I'm excited to see a final release of minishift ... in general and in CentOS.
17:39:41 <lalatenduM> tdawson: sure
17:40:02 <tdawson> I just realized I skipped Automated rpm building and testing
17:40:19 <tdawson> _ari_ wasn't able to make it but said they made alot of progress.
17:40:51 <tdawson> He said "all jobs should be in place by eob to generate new versioning of origin and same for openshift-ansible"
17:41:19 <tdawson> I'm assuming he meant eod (end of day)
17:41:34 <tdawson> I'm excited for this.
17:41:47 <lalatenduM> nice
17:41:56 <tdawson> He's going to be working on origin and openshift-ansible 3.6
17:42:12 <tdawson> So the 1.5 builds will be manual, but hopefully the last of the manual releases.
17:43:36 <tdawson> He said he was going to write up details on job names and how to execute it ... which might be part of what his blog is going to be on.
17:44:04 <tdawson> But I also know that parts of it are going to be completely automated.
17:44:39 <tdawson> So, hopefully this week he'll send those details out in an email, or at the very least, we'll hear from him more next week.
17:45:10 <tdawson> That's all I have from him.
17:45:31 <tdawson> Looks like we're doing good on timing, I'm going to move the top to Open Floor
17:45:39 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:45:58 <tdawson> Is there anything we missed, or anything new that someone wants to talk about?
17:46:28 <lalatenduM> nothing from me
17:47:37 <tdawson> OK, I'm going to close the meeting.
17:47:58 <tdawson> I'm hoping that next week we all have alot of new stuff and progress (from rpms, to automation, to minishift)
17:48:12 <tdawson> Talk to everyone next week.
17:48:51 <tdawson> #endmeeting