17:00:40 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
17:00:40 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Aug 16 17:00:40 2017 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:40 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:00:49 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:00:59 * kbsingh here
17:01:01 <tdawson> sdodson: has already let me know he won't be here.
17:01:07 <tdawson> hi kbsingh
17:01:12 <kbsingh> hello tdawson
17:01:18 <tdawson> kbsingh: You're just going from one meeting to another. :)
17:01:56 * _ari_ here
17:02:04 <tdawson> Hi _ari_
17:02:13 * _ari_ waves
17:03:44 * jdetiber waves
17:03:51 <kbsingh> tdawson: basically :)
17:03:54 * herlo says hi
17:03:57 <tdawson> hi jdetiber
17:05:08 <tdawson> #chair tdawson jdetiber _ari_ kbsingh
17:05:08 <centbot> Current chairs: _ari_ jdetiber kbsingh tdawson
17:05:14 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:05:19 <tdawson> Starting with rpms
17:05:31 <tdawson> origin 3.6 and openshift-ansible 3.6 have been released in the generic channel (centos-release-openshift-origin)
17:05:43 <tdawson> origin 3.6 and openshift-ansible 3.6 should be available in the origin36 channel by tomorrow (centos-release-openshift-origin36)
17:06:16 <tdawson> bstinson is currently working on the origin36 release ... but I also forgot to tag centos-release-openshift-origin36 into release, just before this meeting.
17:06:27 <jdetiber> yay! someone was just asking about 3.6 rpms yesterday
17:07:43 <tdawson> I feel pretty good about these, they passed everything I could throw at them, and I had a few people tell me the same thing.
17:07:50 <jdetiber> I've been working on attempting to unblock the 3.7 cbs builds with the following Origin PR: https://github.com/openshift/origin/pull/15740
17:09:04 <kbsingh> tdawson: cool, bstinson pushed the tag's to the sign push scripts - i will make sure that goes through
17:09:07 <tdawson> jdetiber: I *could* do a manual build again ... or we *could* hack the automated scripts to build a 3.7 ...
17:09:16 <tdawson> kbsingh: Great, thank you.
17:09:23 <kbsingh> tdawson: any tweaks you need to make in the tag's - you habe about 12 hrs to get them done :)
17:09:33 <tdawson> jdetiber: How big is the demand for 3.7
17:09:42 <jdetiber> tdawson: The problem is the goversioninfo dependency for building that isn't listed in the spec file yet :)
17:10:02 <tdawson> kbsingh: OK ... I think I got everything where it's supposed to be tagged.
17:10:17 <jdetiber> tdawson: I'd say demand is quite low, other than we aren't able to test the -future job against master
17:10:40 <tdawson> jdetiber: Ya, but we could add it ... manually would be easy, but I'd really like to let the automated builds work.
17:10:53 <tdawson> jdetiber: OK, let's wait another week then.
17:11:00 <jdetiber> tdawson: agreed on the automated builds
17:11:31 <tdawson> _ari_: Talking about automated builds and testing ... do you have any news?
17:12:11 <_ari_> tdawson: not beyond creating shared jenkins pipeline libraries that we can use  then I will convert what we have from JJB to Jenkins Pipeline
17:12:32 <tdawson> _ari_: Very cool ... how far along is that?
17:12:36 <_ari_> tdawson: AFAIK the automation is working as expected and blocked on 3.7 with what Jason is trying to fix
17:13:01 <kbsingh> w.r.t 3.7 - i am quite keen the minishift guys are able to start testing with that asap - they ran into quite a bit of headwind with 3.6 in the very late stages
17:13:14 <_ari_> tdawson: libraries are coming along https://github.com/CentOS/cico-pipeline-library
17:13:27 <tdawson> _ari_: Yep, it looks like it's trying to build ... it's just that dependency giving us issues.
17:13:43 <_ari_> tdawson: documentation is in place but need to write tests as well for the code beyond what I have tested in my environment
17:14:14 <_ari_> tdawson: Once that is in place I will turn on creating a cluster and running e2e tests again
17:14:43 <tdawson> _ari_: That will be great to get going again.
17:15:09 <_ari_> tdawson: we can then talk about more automation promoting the builds through the different tags
17:15:26 <jdetiber> kbsingh: I expect to have that PR merged within the next few days, been ironing out some changes based on initial feedback
17:15:33 <kbsingh> jdetiber: ace!
17:15:43 <tdawson> _ari_: Is the conversion from jjb to jenkins pipeline just a simple switch from one set of configs to another, or do you forsee some major automation outage?
17:16:18 <_ari_> tdawson: no outage it will be done in parallel without affecting what we have now
17:16:26 <tdawson> _ari_: great
17:16:30 <kbsingh> _ari_: we should blog that, a lot
17:16:46 * tdawson was just about to say that.
17:17:00 <tdawson> At the very least, can we point at the documentation?
17:17:00 <_ari_> kbsingh: the jenkins pipeline for PaaS?
17:17:06 <_ari_> kbsingh: sure
17:17:12 <kbsingh> atleast 2 of the other teams are looking to move that way too - the f8-analytics guys and eclipse teams
17:17:26 <kbsingh> Both of them are a big hands off from jjb at the moment,
17:17:40 <_ari_> kbsingh: I will also blog the cico-pipeline-library
17:17:41 <kbsingh> if we can get a couple of stories of the migration - would rock! we can get them to then do the same
17:17:54 <_ari_> kbsingh: sure
17:17:57 <_ari_> sounds perfect
17:18:14 <_ari_> tdawson: that is all I have to report atm hopefully more next week
17:18:48 <tdawson> _ari_: Thank you ... and thank you for all the work you do on the automation ... more thank just this SIG is grateful for it.
17:19:05 <tdawson> Moving on to multi-arch
17:19:12 <tdawson> jdetiber: How is that coming along?
17:19:27 <_ari_> tdawson: more than welcome
17:19:48 <jdetiber> I've mostly been working on breaking up the changes in my tooling PR into smaller PRs
17:20:20 <jdetiber> I was hoping to start playing around with the new Duffy ppc64le support, but haven't quite gotten around to that yet because I've been working on the 3.7 build issue
17:21:21 <jdetiber> I do have to figure out why I'm seeing some unit test failures with my internal pipeline as well. I suspect it's related to rebasing my PR
17:21:49 <tdawson> jdetiber: Anything we can help with?
17:22:27 <tdawson> jdetiber: Do you think we should turn ppc64le arch on for future yet?
17:22:45 <tdawson> Err ... scratch that, let's at least get one or two builds before we try that.
17:23:07 <jdetiber> heh, I'd like to also at least get some pre-build tests running prior to that as well
17:23:28 <jdetiber> otherwise there is potential to be chasing our tails quite a bit to figure out why things are broken
17:24:32 <tdawson> jdetiber: But ... but ... what if things "just work" .... maybe that will happen :)
17:25:26 <jdetiber> heh, I think _ari_'s work on converting the existing jobs to pipeline will be the biggest help right now, since he'll already be working on the base duffy provisioning support
17:26:05 <_ari_> jdetiber: you could use the duffy library we have in cico-pipeline-library
17:26:11 <jdetiber> tdawson: from what I've seen so far, the problem is that things appear to "just work", but there are various hard to reproduce bugs
17:26:52 <tdawson> jdetiber: So "Just Builds" != "Just Works"
17:26:58 <jdetiber> _ari_: I definitely plan on it, once I get past the 3.7 build issue, I'll probably start migrating the internal pipeline
17:27:09 <jdetiber> tdawson: heh
17:27:16 <_ari_> jdetiber: no worries what we have will support that as well
17:27:17 <jdetiber> depends on your definition of works
17:28:02 <tdawson> jdetiber: Anything else?
17:28:09 <jdetiber> tdawson: not that I can think of :)
17:28:42 <tdawson> Moving on to Documentation
17:29:15 <tdawson> _ari_: When you said the documentation was done, were talking of the README.md  here?  https://github.com/CentOS/cico-pipeline-library
17:29:27 <_ari_> tdawson: yes
17:29:41 <tdawson> _ari_: Are you ok if I link to that in our "external docs" page?
17:30:24 <tdawson> I still think a blog would be nice, but something now is better than nothing now.
17:32:47 <tdawson> I'll be going through the documentation for the 3.6 release, though I think we're still pretty generic, so there shouldn't be much in terms of changes.
17:32:55 <tdawson> I should be done by next week.
17:33:15 <tdawson> Moving on to images and image building
17:33:43 <tdawson> kbsingh: Anything you know about that would be appropriate for this meeting, dealing with images and image building?
17:35:05 <tdawson> While we're waiting, I don't see any minishift or kompose people on ... do anyone have any status updates for minishift or kompose?
17:35:43 <tdawson> Otherwise we'll move onto Open Floor and possibly end this meeting early.
17:36:40 <tdawson> This is a bit weird that nobody has responded ... can anyone hear me?  Did I loose a connection?
17:36:55 <jdetiber> I see you
17:37:08 <tdawson> jdetiber: OK, good. :)
17:37:27 <jdetiber> Of course, we could both be on the wrong side of a netsplit :)
17:37:34 <tdawson> *laughs*
17:37:46 <tdawson> Well, that's ok ... I'll move us to open Floor
17:37:51 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:38:06 <tdawson> Does anyone have anything that we haven't brought up?
17:38:20 <tdawson> I still think this has been a productive meeting, even if we end very early.
17:39:04 <jdetiber> I wouldn't object to calling it early :)
17:39:35 <tdawson> That sounds good to me
17:39:42 <tdawson> We'll talk to ya'll next week.
17:40:07 <tdawson> #endmeeting