16:59:12 <tdawson_> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
16:59:12 <tdawson_> Hmmm ... my IRC doesn't seem to like me today.
16:59:12 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Feb  1 16:59:12 2017 UTC.  The chair is tdawson_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:12 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:01:07 <tdawson> Did I manage to start my meeting earlier?
17:01:12 <sdodson> yeah, looks like it started
17:01:35 <tdawson> OK, my IRC was messed up and I couldn't see anything
17:01:48 <tdawson__> #topic roll call
17:02:03 <tdawson__> #chair tdawson tdawson__
17:02:41 <tdawson> Ah well .. looks like the minutes for this meeting are going to be a bit goofy.
17:03:42 <tdawson> sdodson: Did anyone else say hi besides you?
17:04:04 <sdodson> This is my first meeting so I'm not familiar with procedures, but I'm here representing Red Hat's OpenShift Cluster Lifeycle team which builds the openshift installer.
17:04:07 <sdodson> tdawson: no, no one else
17:05:20 <tdawson> We usually start with a roll call, although most folk come in late ... we then go through the agenda.  If someone is not here for their part, I'll give a summary of what I know.
17:05:51 <tdawson> This week is going to be a bit light, but I'm hoping kbsingh will show up, cuz I had a few questions for him.
17:06:15 <tdawson> #chair tdawson tdawson__ sdodson
17:06:47 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:06:54 <tdawson> rpms
17:07:10 <tdawson> origin 1.4.1 is built, it's still in testing.
17:07:49 <tdawson> Testing has been positive, but nobody has finished their testing, so it won't go live till later in the week.
17:07:56 <tdawson> Quite possibly next week.
17:08:30 <tdawson> openshift-ansible-3.4.56 is what we have built, also currently in testing, also nobody has finished testing.
17:08:57 <tdawson> sdodson: Since you're here, is that a fair version to use?  It's what got grabbed when we were doing the builds.
17:09:36 <sdodson> tdawson: Yes, that's the latest that shipped to OCP customers.
17:10:10 <sdodson> tdawson: There are newer builds but those are still going through QE and won't ship until Feb 21st.
17:10:44 <tdawson> Good to here.  That's another mark in the positive column.
17:11:18 <tdawson> There is some auto-building and multi-arch news, but I'll save that for later.
17:12:02 <tdawson> We're still keeping ansible-2.2.1 in testing only until all the bugs with it and the installer get worked out.
17:12:47 <sdodson> tdawson: We have a patched build used internally and Ansible has suggested it's fine for us to include that in Centos PaaS SIG, should we roll that out?
17:13:03 <tdawson> sdodson: That would be great.
17:13:13 <tdawson> sdodson: So it's 2.2.0, with patches for the security issue?
17:14:11 <sdodson> tdawson: It's which is the latest upstream release for a security issue and some additional patches to fix problems introduced in We also have patches in openshift-ansible that are required, I can make sure those are in the 3.4.x installer
17:14:55 <tdawson> sdodson: Is that ansible- ?
17:14:59 <sdodson> tdawson: Yes.
17:15:24 <tdawson> sdodson: OK ... if you and the ansible guys are ok with me building it for the Paas SIG, I'll get it in.
17:15:42 <sdodson> tdawson: great, thanks
17:16:03 <tdawson> That will make alot of people happier.
17:16:47 <tdawson> I think that's it for rpms right now
17:17:01 <tdawson> Documentation
17:17:13 <tdawson> No progress this week that I know of.
17:17:39 <tdawson> Automated testing and building
17:18:06 <tdawson> _ari_ is not here this week.  I'm not sure if herlo is either, looks like not.
17:18:29 <sdodson> They're the primary contributors to that work?
17:18:53 <tdawson> There has been talk between the Upstream Origin folk and _ari_ about Upstream starting to do the centos work.
17:19:02 <tdawson> sdodson: Yes, and they've done quite a bit.
17:19:54 <tdawson> _ari_'s group is doing alot of other things, and Upstream is thinking it would be good to consolidate their efforts instead of duplicating them.
17:20:29 <tdawson> The spearhead of the upstream work is skuznets
17:21:30 <tdawson> At the very least skuznets wants to get CentOS rpm's automatically built, I don't know about the testing.
17:22:04 <tdawson> Anyway, so Automated testing and Automated rpm building is going through some changes.
17:22:36 <tdawson> It should tie Upstream Origin and this Paas tighter together.
17:22:55 <tdawson> We'll see what the end result is.  We should know more next week when _ari_ is able to make it.
17:23:58 <tdawson> If we don't have any questions about the Automated testing, I'm going to move on to images, because that was also discussed Upstream.
17:24:34 <tdawson> OK, Images and Image building.
17:25:04 <tdawson> kbsingh: Do you have any updates on images and / or image building?
17:25:21 * tdawson thinks kbsingh is at a conference and/or traveling today.
17:26:23 <tdawson> Upstream is also wanting to integrate more with the image building on CentOS.  How tight, I do not know, they were just asking about it.
17:27:13 <tdawson> sdodson: If you were wondering, yep, some weeks everyone is gone and I tend to do a monolog so that it's recorded in the minutes.
17:27:24 <sdodson> tdawson: :-)
17:28:11 <sdodson> Real quick, how similar can Centos automation be to our internal automation? Are there major differences that prevent it from being nearly the same?
17:28:19 <tdawson> Upstream is also still working on getting the Dockerfiles consolodated, so there are fewer differences between Upstream and CentOS, and OCP.
17:28:45 <tdawson> I think that's still a few weeks off, but it's on their board.
17:29:08 <tdawson> Since we have no feedback, I'm moving on to Multi-Arch
17:29:40 <tdawson> This past week I've seen alot of interest in our multi-arch builds.
17:29:56 <tdawson> These are origin-1.5 builds only.
17:30:26 <tdawson> I'd put off the builds until Upstream 1.5 work had settled down.
17:30:49 <tdawson> I think it's settled as much as I need, so I'm starting that back up.  But just for aarch64.
17:31:26 <tdawson> I'll make sure that ppc64le also attempts to build, but the golang bug is still around, so we still wont be able to build a ppc64le rpm yet.
17:32:07 <tdawson> I have no word on when Upstream origin is planning on moving to golang 1.8, but when they do, we'll be able to do full 64 bit multi-arch
17:33:02 <sdodson> I know there are outstanding issues in Kube 1.6 that prevent it from building with golang 1.8 today, but those may be resolved prior to release.
17:33:05 <tdawson> Anyway, multi-arch summary - not much has changed the last couple weeks, but this week I plan on getting it moving.  We'll have an update next week.
17:33:31 <tdawson> sdodson: Oh .. I hadn't heard that ... ya, let's hope that get's fixed.
17:34:30 <tdawson> There are several groups and people who really want OpenShift on some non-x86_64 platforms.
17:35:09 <tdawson> So, that's the summary the status
17:35:35 <tdawson> We have one other item on the agenda, but I think I need more people to discuss it.
17:35:58 <tdawson> #topic having a seperate repo for each release
17:37:03 <tdawson> Upstream was wondering how we would feel if we changed things to have a seperate repo for each release, similar to how OpenShift Enterprise / OpenShift Container Platform does it.
17:37:26 <tdawson> So, for tags and repos we would have something like paas7-openshift-origin-1.4, paas7-openshift-origin-1.5
17:38:19 <tdawson> This is really something I need some CentOS folk to weigh in on.
17:39:09 <tdawson> Since it seems that they're all at Conferences and/or traveling, I think we're going to have to table this again, or send a few more emails.
17:39:12 <sdodson> Yeah, I wish I had a better grasp on Clayton's motivations in asking for it. I think they were mainly around ensuring all the correct dependencies are in each repo, that would include the correct versions of docker too.
17:39:46 <tdawson> It might be.  I think they'd like to depend more on the CentOS infrastructure than they have in the past.
17:40:09 <sdodson> Yes, that too, they want their Origin CI jobs to be able to use the centos repos.
17:41:17 <tdawson> I'm thinking before, This Paas SIG was just something that "others" were doing.  But I think they'd like to work more closely with it now, start really utilizing it.
17:42:07 <tdawson> Anyway, we'll have to talk with the CentOS folk about their thoughts.
17:42:27 <tdawson> I think this leaves us with the final topic
17:42:34 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:42:52 <tdawson> Anyone have anything that hasn't ben brought up?
17:43:28 <sdodson> I'd like to get another member of my team contributing. Earlier you mentioned tests of 1.4 hadn't been completed, are there other areas I can ask someone to contribute to?
17:44:35 <tdawson> sdodson: We're very light on documentation.
17:45:09 <tdawson> sdodson: And, there are several weeks where the installer comes up, I think people on your team would be ideal to answer that sort of thing.
17:45:20 <sdodson> Is that mainly around installation and making use of Centos PaaS SIG repos?
17:45:50 <tdawson> I think usually they are real bugs.
17:46:17 <tdawson> In the past jdetiber|mtg usually helped point them to current bugs and/or get them to file bug reports.
17:46:52 <sdodson> Ok, I'll make sure to find someone who can join these meetings. Where else should we be looking for interaction or where do those bugs get mentioned?
17:47:28 <tdawson> sdodson: Here or centos-devel, or someof them just get mailed straight to me.
17:47:56 <tdawson> sdodson: If there was someone on your team that could be the CentOS installer bug go-to guy, that would be great.
17:48:15 <sdodson> tdawson: ok, we can definitely make that happen.
17:49:00 <tdawson> When I said "centos-devel" I meant the mailling list centos-devel@centos.org
17:49:20 <sdodson> ok
17:50:48 <tdawson> So ya, documentation and/or a good set of installer tests and/or a person we can go to for installer bugs issues would be great.
17:51:01 <tdawson> Anything else?
17:51:49 <sdodson> I don't have anything.
17:52:15 <tdawson> And everyone else has been very quiet, so I'm going to close the meeting ... if I can.
17:52:20 <tdawson> Talk to ya'll next week.
17:52:31 <tdawson> #endmeeting
17:52:43 <tdawson__> #endmeeting
17:52:53 <tdawson_> #endmeeting