16:59:33 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
16:59:33 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Feb 15 16:59:33 2017 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:33 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:59:39 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:00:11 <tdawson> _ari_ sent me an email saying he had a conflict, with his information, so he wont' be here.
17:00:31 <sdodson> hello, i'm here
17:00:57 * herlo is here
17:03:38 <kbsingh> hullo
17:04:07 <tdawson> #chair tdawson sdodson herlo kbsingh
17:04:07 <centbot> Current chairs: herlo kbsingh sdodson tdawson
17:04:15 <tdawson> Welcome everyone
17:04:21 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:04:33 <tdawson> Starting with rpms
17:05:08 <tdawson> From last week, all the rpms we talked about have been released and are on the mirrors.
17:05:42 <tdawson> I had also built the new openshift-ansible we talked about last week, but forgot to put our CentOS patch in that lets it work on Origin instead of OCP.
17:06:18 <jdetiber> tdawson: conflicting meeting this week, but will be happy to follow up if needed later today
17:06:33 <tdawson> I had a little pressure about getting it out so I pushed the new openshift-ansible-3.4.59 without testing ... and I broke things.
17:07:30 <tdawson> Anyway, new  openshift-ansible-3.4.59-2 built and should be in -testing whenver the repo get's rebuilt. - https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=15723
17:08:30 <tdawson> We also got python-ruamel-yaml, and it's dependencies, released and available.
17:09:27 <tdawson> I don't think we have too much other rpm stuff.
17:10:00 <tdawson> Documetation
17:10:20 <tdawson> I didn't do any documentation updates
17:10:43 <tdawson> kbsingh: You mentioned a while ago some block stuff ... did that get written?
17:11:16 <sdodson> Real quick on rpms, should we make the origin enablement in the quick installer a specfile patch or something that's triggered by a dist tag or something? Something that would fail in such a way that the build would be aborted rather than silently failing in a way that we get an rpm that doesn't install origin?
17:11:52 <tdawson> sdodson: If we could do that, I think it would be great.
17:11:55 <sdodson> That could be handled on either side, we could default to origin and only alter OCP builds of the installer.
17:12:12 <sdodson> Ok, I'll see if that's something I can work out.
17:12:28 <tdawson> sdodson: The only change we have to do nowdays is this "sed -i "s|^DISPLAY_VARIANTS =.*|DISPLAY_VARIANTS = (origin, OSE, REG,)|" utils/src/ooinstall/variants.py"
17:12:50 <tdawson> sdodson: Once we get origin in that list, everything else looks like it's setup correctly.
17:12:57 <sdodson> Is there a good way to check that we're building in centos/cbs?
17:13:29 <tdawson> sdodson: Currently, none that I know of, everything shows up rhel
17:13:44 <sdodson> tdawson: Ok, I'll figure something out
17:16:52 <tdawson> I'm in the middle of setting up an "External Documentation" page, that will just be links to various blogs and/or Documentation
17:19:03 <tdawson> Sorry, cat attack :)
17:19:17 <tdawson> At least it didn't hit enter in all that.
17:20:14 <tdawson> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS/OpenShift-External-Docs
17:20:35 <tdawson> It' s just a blank document for now, but at least it is a place to start filling in.
17:20:52 <tdawson> We'll get herlo's block post in there first, then others as people give them to us.
17:21:08 <herlo> blog post?
17:21:24 * herlo needs to write another one.
17:21:27 <tdawson> herlo: Didn't you have something a while ago, dealing with your work on automation?
17:21:33 <tdawson> herlo: Or is that old and outdated?
17:21:39 <herlo> tdawson: you wrote 'block', which I was just double checking
17:21:50 <herlo> :)
17:22:07 <herlo> tdawson: I'm definitely willing to put up my blog post there. Ya!
17:22:11 <tdawson> Ohh  ... ya ... your article on blocks. :)
17:22:15 <herlo> lol
17:22:22 <herlo> Lego it is
17:22:28 <tdawson> *laughs*
17:22:46 <tdawson> OK, moving on to Automation
17:23:29 <tdawson> herlo: Did you want to talk about Automation, or should I write what Ari told me?
17:24:08 <herlo> tdawson: let _ari_'s data talk for us.
17:24:54 <tdawson> I could summarize, but I don't think I will, it's fairly short.
17:25:14 <tdawson> From Ari: "Steve and I got to talk Monday and I have stuff to go on to build the RPMs with the changes that he has made to tito. "
17:25:34 <tdawson> "It seems the common way we generate deliverables will take some time so I will just make tweaks to the jobs and have that done for next week so we can continue with bleeding edge and releases."
17:25:52 <tdawson> "So more automation to come next week and hopefully a stable state for both release and bleeding edge."
17:26:24 <tdawson> That's it
17:26:52 <tdawson> The work on tito, getting it to allow us to set version and release, helps alot.
17:27:53 <tdawson> Steve (and tam) has also been working on getting the changes down between origin and atomic-openshift, which I think it helping the automation.
17:28:04 <tdawson> /tam/team/
17:28:20 <tdawson> herlo: Anything to add to that?
17:29:58 <herlo> tdawson: no, looks good to me
17:31:18 <tdawson> Then it looks great for automation.  With upstream working with us, this should get going better than ever.
17:31:27 <tdawson> OK, on to images and image building.
17:31:40 <tdawson> kbsingh: Do you have anything to report or ask about images?
17:33:12 <tdawson> kbsingh: In particular I'm wondering if us seperating the releases into their own targets/repo's, will help with the image building.
17:34:09 * tdawson will move on to Multi-Arch while we wait for images.
17:34:48 <tdawson> The pull request that allows us to build x86_64, aarch64, and ppc64le without changing the spec file at all.
17:34:55 <tdawson> The pull request that allows us to build x86_64, aarch64, and ppc64le without changing the spec file at all has been merged.
17:35:30 <tdawson> So if we want to change the future target to also build on aarch64, that should work.
17:36:13 <tdawson> Oh wait ... I just noticed that the patch to fix the patch hasn't been merged ... *sigh* ... ok, we're really close, but not quite there.
17:36:25 <kbsingh> the images stuff got blocked with the openshift deployer failing in their setup
17:36:41 <kbsingh> but seperating the releases, will definitely help
17:36:48 <tdawson> kbsingh: meaning the metrics and logging deployer?
17:36:52 <kbsingh> specially if we want to do updates to images, once a following release has come along
17:37:00 <tdawson> kbsingh: Yep
17:37:17 <kbsingh> tdawson: the container build service fell over with the docker 1.12 updates in the distro
17:37:29 <tdawson> kbsingh: OK, this week I'm planning on requesting tags/targets for at least 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 build targets.
17:37:41 <kbsingh> then the origin 1.4 rpms had issues with some of their deployment setups
17:38:03 <tdawson> kbsingh: Do you think I should requets them for 1.2 as well?
17:38:17 <kbsingh> at this point, i would say 1.3 and 1.4 are good
17:38:24 <kbsingh> do you see many people still using 1.2 ?
17:38:26 <tdawson> OK
17:39:15 <tdawson> kbsingh: I have no clue about how many users are using the versions ... but on the OCP side, we don't have very many bugs filed for 3.2, so I guess the usage is low.
17:39:57 <kbsingh> cool
17:40:29 <tdawson> OK, so I'll put that as something for me to do, get the tags/targets requested, and start working on the yum config files for them.
17:41:17 <tdawson> Sounds like it will help all around, from keeping the right versions of packages installed, to making images.
17:42:46 <tdawson> So ... that covered two topics at once ... ya!
17:43:04 <tdawson> I think we're on to Open Floor
17:43:11 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:43:47 <tdawson> I won't be here next week ... does anyone want to lead the meeting, or should we just skip it for a week?
17:43:56 <kbsingh> one thing we need a bit of is better docs around bringup and then doing version updates
17:44:03 <kbsingh> even if its just urls pointing to upstream docs
17:44:12 <kbsingh> +1 to skip, i wont be here next week either
17:44:35 <kbsingh> depending on how everyone feels we are working, it might be worth considering moving the meeting to every 2 weeks as well
17:44:48 <tdawson> kbsingh: Ya, I don't think we have *anything* on updates.  The only thing I've written about is installs.
17:45:53 <sdodson> The repo per release thing was given the go-ahead?
17:46:28 <sdodson> sorry, i got caught up in something else for a few minutes.
17:47:59 <tdawson> sdodson: Yes
17:48:39 <tdawson> sdodson: Although I've talked with Clayton about it, and he seems to want it, I never saw anything official from him.
17:49:04 <tdawson> sdodson: But, on the CentOS side, it should fix so many things we're going to go ahead whether it's official from upstream or not.
17:49:08 <sdodson> tdawson: ok, i think he reached out to kbsingh directly too.
17:49:15 <tdawson> sdodson: Ah, ok
17:49:25 <vmlinuz> Is Jim Perrin around?
17:49:48 <sdodson> I think it implies building all image deps in each channel once we start so there will be a lot of additional packages to build. I can probably get someone to help with that but need a primer on CBS and associated workflows.
17:50:05 <sdodson> For anything that's not in Centos already.
17:50:40 <tdawson> sdodson: Well, we have most of the deps in the 'common' build target.  So alot of it will just be tagging them into the right tags.
17:50:50 <sdodson> tdawson: ok
17:51:03 <kbsingh> we can likely do some automation around some of this as well
17:51:31 <tdawson> sdodson: Then anything that needs to build with those particular items, like a certain golang or docker, will be built on those specific targets.
17:51:51 <tdawson> sdodson: So yes, some things will need multiple builds, but alot of things wont.
17:52:18 <sdodson> tdawson: yeah
17:53:43 <tdawson> Anything else before we wrap up this meeting?
17:54:52 <sdodson> nothing here
17:55:23 <tdawson> Alright, we'll talk to everyone in two weeks.
17:55:44 <tdawson> #endmeeting