17:01:14 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
17:01:14 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Jun 21 17:01:14 2017 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:01:14 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:01:24 * jdetiber waves
17:01:24 <_ari_> jdetiber: sure it may be a bit I have been swamped with Phoebe and meetings
17:01:28 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:01:28 * _ari_ here
17:01:36 <_ari_> jdetiber: what are you looking for?
17:01:37 <tdawson> Hi jdetiber
17:01:39 <tdawson> Hi _ari_
17:01:46 * _ari_ waves
17:01:51 <tdawson> You're not only here, but hard at work already. :)
17:03:01 <jdetiber> tdawson: I think he's making up for lost time :)
17:03:36 <tdawson> :)
17:04:11 * herlo is here-ish
17:05:22 <tdawson> #chair tdawson jdetiber _ari_ herlo
17:05:22 <centbot> Current chairs: _ari_ herlo jdetiber tdawson
17:05:29 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:05:33 <tdawson> Sorting off with rpms
17:05:48 <tdawson> We have an updated openshift-ansible with a fix for upgrading major versions, in testing
17:05:56 <tdawson> openshift-ansible-3.5.82-1.git.1.f658b01.el7
17:06:23 <tdawson> It's in future-testing, common-testing and origin15-testing
17:06:40 <tdawson> I haven't heard back from anyone on if it fixes the problem and/or causes any new problems.
17:07:46 <jdetiber> tdawson: nice work on getting that out so fast :)
17:08:02 <_ari_> +1
17:08:13 <tdawson> If I haven't heard from anyone saying it breaks things, I'll push is out beginning of next week.
17:08:34 <jdetiber> tdawson: kbsingh: question about rpms, I see that there is support for ppc64le in cbs, is it possible to get testing builds for ppc64le as well?
17:09:00 <tdawson> jdetiber: I've been trying to do that this week.
17:09:32 <jdetiber> tdawson: I'm happy to help
17:09:38 <tdawson> jdetiber: The problem is, that if we turn ppc64le on for our future build target, then every package has to successfully build on all three arches.
17:09:59 <kbsingh> jdetiber: yeah. can do ppc8le tests
17:10:03 <jdetiber> tdawson: ah, would it make sense to have a separate multi-arch target?
17:10:13 <tdawson> jdetiber: So I've been trying to get it on something else, like the orange build target.
17:10:42 <kbsingh> orange is a good place to prove builds but not a good place to promote from
17:11:27 <tdawson> Once we can build origin on pp64le with a golang that doesn't hurt the others, I'd be fine adding ppc64le to the future arches.
17:11:44 <tdawson> But it's that golang 1.8 that's the problem.
17:12:14 <jdetiber> tdawson: yeah, 1.8 is kind of a requirement for ppc64le...  that is why I was asking about a separate multi-arch target
17:12:37 <jdetiber> tdawson: kbsingh: I can follow up with you two later on this, though. No need to bog down the meeting for this topic :)
17:13:20 <tdawson> jdetiber: That's why I was thinking of orange, cuz building a whole new target is much harder than adding an aarch.
17:14:06 <tdawson> The other rpm item is getting a fresh 1.6 build, or at least fresher than we have.
17:14:33 <tdawson> _ari_: I don't mean to jump to automation before it's time, but do you have an estimate of when that will happen?
17:15:16 <tdawson> I was wondering about doing another manual build
17:15:27 <_ari_> tdawson: Yes I got back to it today finally after digging out of f2f meetings and followups.  I suspect we should have a better report by Friday
17:15:36 <_ari_> I will continue to work on that today
17:15:56 <_ari_> tdawson: if that doesn't work out time wise and you need another manual build that is fine I understand
17:16:25 <tdawson> What if I just do a alpha.1 manually.  Cuz then when you do the automation, it can/will be alpha2
17:17:03 <_ari_> tdawson: sounds good to me sorry for all the delays
17:17:37 <tdawson> _ari_: Delays are understandable ... people are just frustrated with the numbering scheme I accidentally put in.
17:18:04 <_ari_> tdawson: I see from the email discussions we had last week
17:18:24 <_ari_> tdawson: I think it is good anyway then I can validate something up against your build
17:18:50 <tdawson> OK, then I'll try to get an 3.6 alpha1 build out as soon as possible (hopefully today)
17:19:33 <tdawson> Any other rpm stuff that needs to be brought up?
17:19:45 <_ari_> tdawson: thanks!
17:20:18 <tdawson> OK, moving on to Documentation
17:20:45 <kbsingh> docs++
17:20:47 <tdawson> I don't have any updates for Documentation ... the only blog post I know of being written isn't up yet ... that I know of
17:21:10 <tdawson> herlo: You post is going up on http://sexysexypenguins.com/ ... correct?
17:21:19 <kbsingh> jf might be willing to write a blog if we can help him get the 1.4 cluster to 1.5
17:21:47 <tdawson> kbsingh: I'm hoping the openshift-ansible update in testing will help him.
17:21:57 <_ari_> tdawson: docs on lincpin http://linchpin.readthedocs.io/en/develop/getting_started.html
17:22:34 <tdawson> _ari_: Yep, already got that one up there.
17:23:01 <_ari_> tdawson: ah yes I will blog about the automation up there too
17:23:12 <kbsingh> tdawson: ack looks like he is trying that right now
17:23:50 <tdawson> kbsingh: If he can write a blog on updating, that would be great.  I'll be sure to add it to the page.  Let me know if he does.
17:24:02 <kbsingh> tdawson: ack.
17:24:32 <tdawson> Anything else on documentation?
17:24:39 <kbsingh> we should get bstinson to write up the openshift bringup he did using JFs ansible stuff as well
17:24:44 <herlo> tdawson: yeah, waiting on a review from opensource.com. I'm going to post the article at the same time they post it on their site.
17:24:48 <kbsingh> this is in ci.c.o
17:25:08 <kbsingh> herlo: nice
17:25:35 <herlo> should get some good traction from that. I just hope it's not too involved.
17:25:59 <tdawson> Very cool
17:26:26 <tdawson> OK, moving on to automation
17:26:58 <tdawson> _ari_:  I know you gave a sortof summary ... do you want to elaborate?
17:27:19 <tdawson> And herlo, I know that 1.0.1 is out, anything new on linch-pin?
17:27:22 <_ari_> tdawson: not currently I will blog more details
17:28:41 <herlo> tdawson: no, nothing at this time.
17:28:59 <tdawson> OK, then let's move on to images and image building
17:29:16 <tdawson> kbsingh: I've seen several discussions about building image on different aarches.
17:29:33 <tdawson> kbsingh: Is there anything that is needed from the Paas SIG for this?
17:29:59 <tdawson> kbsingh: If we got openshift biulding on ppc64le, would that help with the effort?
17:31:57 <tdawson> Well, let's move on to mult-arch, since kbsingh seems to be out for a few.
17:32:44 <tdawson> jdetiber: I ws thinking ... if we got ppc64le on orange ... would you mind if we built origin there until things get stable?
17:33:03 <jdetiber> tdawson: I've been working on hacking away at origin test failures related to golang-1.8, which is required for ppc64le currently
17:33:19 <jdetiber> tdawson: I'm good with that
17:33:40 <tdawson> jdetiber: OK.  I'll put in a ticket to have them add ppc64le to oranges7-test64
17:33:50 <jdetiber> tdawson: basically looking for a place to be able and get the latest bits with dependencies
17:34:41 <tdawson> I think that would be the best place.  We can always tag in dependencies that are noarch, and those that are arch specific, we'll rebuild there.
17:35:01 <jdetiber> tdawson: +1, we are already building all the needed deps (minus ceph-common) internally
17:35:45 <jdetiber> tdawson: If I can get access to create builds on orange and docs for the process, I'd be happy to help push updates as I get fixes to land upstream
17:36:09 <tdawson> jdetiber: OK, that sounds like a plan ... do you have any build access on cbs yet?
17:36:18 <jdetiber> tdawson: I do not know, never tried :)
17:37:38 <tdawson> jdetiber: https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide#head-d50a9ada0ed4c31ea3ec80b8afad49b0284baf7c
17:37:50 <tdawson> jdetiber: I'm not sure if that is really the correct place, butit's the closest I could find.
17:38:15 <tdawson> The bannana and orange targets I *think* are open to anyone to play with.
17:38:42 <tdawson> jdetiber: But bannana is in the documentation, so it gets more use.
17:38:47 <jdetiber> tdawson: thanks
17:39:25 <_ari_> tdawson: got to run
17:39:31 <tdawson> Anything else on multi-arch before we move on to minishift?
17:39:45 <tdawson> _ari_: Bye  ... thanks for the update, and all the work you do.
17:39:57 <_ari_> tdawson: my pleasure
17:40:43 <tdawson> lalatenduM: Any updates on minishift?
17:40:50 <tdawson> I don't see marcindulak around this week.
17:43:07 <tdawson> Well, I didn't hear any news about minishift ... although I did see an article written about them
17:43:26 <tdawson> But I don't know their progress in getting it rpm'ized.
17:43:36 <tdawson> So, moving on to Open Floor
17:43:46 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:44:08 <tdawson> Anything not on the agenda that people want to bring up?
17:44:52 <tdawson> I've decided to put the subject of my replacement as chairman on the back burner until my replacement get's hired.
17:45:49 <tdawson> If nobody had anything else I'll close the meeting a bit early this week.
17:46:43 <jdetiber> tdawson: thanks for all your effort :)
17:47:07 <tdawson> jdetiber: You're very welcome
17:49:38 <tdawson> jdetiber: alphacc: Here is my request for ppc64le on oranges7-test64-common - https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13457
17:49:56 <tdawson> Once that is done, we can work on geting origin buildable on ppc64le
17:50:04 <tdawson> And with that, I'll close things up
17:50:14 <tdawson> Talk to ya'll next week.
17:50:29 <tdawson> #endmeeting