13:57:43 <bstinson> #startmeeting CBS/Infra
13:57:43 <centbot> Meeting started Mon Mar 13 13:57:43 2017 UTC.  The chair is bstinson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:57:43 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:57:49 <bstinson> #topic Agenda
13:57:58 <bstinson> #info Topic: Status Updates
13:58:04 <bstinson> #info Topic: Account Requests
13:58:24 <bstinson> #info Topic: Status Updates
13:58:57 <bstinson> #topic Status Updates
14:00:17 <bstinson> The biggest status update for this week is the datacenter migration starting tomorrow
14:00:31 <Arrfab> :-)
14:01:06 <Arrfab> bstinson: earlier today lpancescu asked again about the koji update status for imagefactory/vagrant
14:01:40 <lpancescu> well, waiting for it since october/november... so i ask once in a while Ș-P
14:02:19 <Arrfab> #link https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2017-January/015647.html
14:02:57 <Arrfab> lpancescu: issue was that with all AltArch now in koji, every component needed to be built, and some arches like ppc64 weren't even up2date
14:03:13 <kbsingh> dont we just need imagefactory updated
14:03:18 <Arrfab> let's ask alphacc about the current status for a potential update
14:03:22 <lpancescu> we need a fix merged back in november for the vmware images https://github.com/redhat-imaging/imagefactory/pull/391, as well as hyper-v support, plus further vmware paravirt support
14:03:45 <Arrfab> lpancescu: last time you mentioned a mandatory koji update for that imagefactory
14:04:22 <lpancescu> Arrfab, yes, otherwise the paramaters won't get passed by kojid to IF
14:04:33 <Arrfab> kbsingh: ^
14:05:29 <lpancescu> kbsingh, both IF and koji (perhaps IF is already updated, but i can't get the new stuff because koji's stopping me)
14:05:35 <Arrfab> lpancescu: imagefactory-1.1.9-1.el7.noarch needs to be bumped too (again) ?
14:06:10 <lpancescu> Arrfab, not sure. let me see if there are tags on the upstream repo
14:06:48 <alphacc> Hi, are all -extras for alt arch in sync ? Last tiem I checked it was not the case. If so let's plan a downtime again.
14:07:20 <lpancescu> Arrfab, https://github.com/redhat-imaging/imagefactory/releases says 1.1.9 is from august 2016, and i need that fix from nov 23rd. we need HEAD, or backporting
14:07:45 <Arrfab> alphacc: don't think so, as Extras has no policy , so it's not tracked at a single place
14:08:31 <lpancescu> there are no newer releases than that, but the patch is trivial, just a string change https://github.com/redhat-imaging/imagefactory/pull/391
14:09:04 <alphacc> Arrfab: ok so let's rebuild on infra tag for all missing arches and update from internal repo ?
14:09:32 <Arrfab> alphacc: if we want to update, we have to build all we need and use a private repo, yes
14:09:57 <Arrfab> alphacc: last time we discussed that you wanted to see what was missing
14:10:21 <Arrfab> lpancescu: so that needs a specific patch to be added to 1.1.9-1 imagefactory
14:10:47 <lpancescu> Arrfab, looks like it
14:11:31 <Arrfab> alphacc: can you rebuild it with that needed patch ? (not in any upstream release)
14:11:38 <Arrfab> imagefactory that is
14:12:01 <alphacc> Arrfab: yes not a problem
14:12:39 <Arrfab> #action alphacc rebuild imagefactory with needed patch https://github.com/redhat-imaging/imagefactory/pull/391
14:12:43 <lpancescu> it seems to be the only patch i need, from the list of closed PRs in imagefac - thanks
14:13:19 <lpancescu> the rest is in koji, to pass already-supported params to imagefactory
14:13:28 <Arrfab> alphacc: as everything will be down, this week would be perfect timing to do the update too
14:13:57 <alphacc> sure why not
14:14:28 <Arrfab> alphacc: or we can do that in two weeks (next week I'll be on travel/meeting mode the whole week)
14:14:52 <alphacc> next week I am away too
14:16:34 <bstinson> alphacc: if there's anything you need for the rebuild, let me know. we can put the upgrade in our startup process when we bring things back up
14:17:12 <Arrfab> bstinson: the kojid update will probably be transpartent, but for kojihub, I guess there is a schema upgrade ?
14:17:15 <Arrfab> alphacc: ^
14:17:27 <alphacc> Arrfab: yes
14:18:10 <Arrfab> alphacc: so the bad news is that we have no idea when the nodes will be back, so will be you available in the next three days ? or we can do it too
14:18:26 <alphacc> when does it start ?
14:18:31 <alphacc> our time ?
14:18:42 <alphacc> I would rather so it before than  after
14:18:46 <alphacc> s/so/do
14:19:05 <Arrfab> alphacc: everything needs to be powered off tomorrow 14:00 utc
14:19:08 <alphacc> I am around until the 22nd
14:19:50 <alphacc> so 15h00 our time
14:20:50 <Arrfab> alphacc: hmm, DST changed for EDT, so no, one hour earlier
14:20:52 <Arrfab> sorry
14:21:09 <kbsingh> bstinson: plan on upgrading jenkins duing the outage tomorrow ?
14:21:16 <kbsingh> it looks like were a point behind LTD
14:21:18 <kbsingh> LTS even
14:21:23 <bstinson> yes
14:22:42 <alphacc> Arrfab: if we can build/import runtime dep today, let's do it.
14:23:50 <Arrfab> alphacc: what about koji clients ? those are picked by people from extras ? so we have then to ask hughesjr to also rebuild on his own and sign/push ?
14:24:13 <alphacc> Arrfab: clients are already pushed
14:24:30 <Arrfab> alphacc: great
14:24:50 <Arrfab> so koji 1.11 is already in extras for *some$
14:25:01 <Arrfab> *some* os/releases/arches but not all
14:25:18 <alphacc> Arrfab: yeah I was hoping to have all -extras synced by now
14:25:57 <Arrfab> alphacc: that would be good, but as said last time, Extras isn't managed by a core SIG, so in fact no policy for pkgs landing there, etc
14:26:20 <Arrfab> let's just see which arches need something, as koji per se is noarch
14:26:36 <alphacc> Arrfab: yeah but they have been rebuild a long time ago why aren't they pushed ?
14:27:41 <Arrfab> alphacc: to extras ? you should ask hughesjr : also keep in mind that he doesn't use what's built through koji, but he rebuilds on his personal machine, but don't know why. again a question for him :-)
14:28:36 <alphacc> Arrfab: ok let's forget about it for this time and fix missing dep.
14:30:28 <bstinson> #topic Account Requests
14:31:15 <bstinson> #info CI: 3 projects from Fedora made it into CI, koji upstream is in the queue today
14:32:16 <bstinson> kbsingh: how's ACO?
14:35:11 <walters> could someone turn on http2 for artifacts.ci.centos.org?
14:35:51 <walters> (btw is there a place where the puppet/ansible/openshift containers or whatever backing these things are stored in git publicly?)
14:36:35 <bstinson> walters: our playbooks aren't stored publicly. what's the use-case for http2?
14:36:41 <walters> it's *a lot* faster
14:36:52 <walters> ostree now can make use of it via libcurl
14:39:02 <Arrfab> walters: we can investigate what's needed, but iirc it needs a higher version of nginx that the one available for el6 in epel
14:39:40 <Arrfab> hmm, I take it back : it seems it was added in 1.9.5
14:39:53 <walters> https://www.nginx.com/blog/nginx-1-10-1-11-released/
14:40:01 <lpancescu> is it even possible to get http2 on centos, due to the too-old openssl?
14:40:15 <lpancescu> (nginx version aside)
14:40:20 <walters> # curl -L -v --http2 https://ci.centos.org/artifacts/sig-atomic/atomic-ws/ostree/repo/{,config}|&grep Server|tail -1
14:40:20 <walters> < Server: nginx/1.10.1
14:40:21 <Arrfab> lpancescu: does http2 require openssl ?
14:40:40 <walters> yeah
14:40:42 <Arrfab> because that revproxy in front is c6
14:40:50 <lpancescu> at least in browsers, yes. not aware of any client supporting http2 without ssl
14:41:16 <lpancescu> there's a RFE in the RHEL bugtracker, marked for 7.4
14:41:25 <TrevorH> http2 needs openssl 1.02+ to be useful
14:42:02 <Arrfab> bstinson: can you add that request for investigation ?
14:42:03 <avij> openssl would need ALPN support to support HTTP/2 properly, and it isn't available in the current openssl versions shipped by CentOS.
14:42:11 <lpancescu> to provide an additional openssl package. ubuntu 16.04 lts is the only enterprise distro supporting http2, due to openssl version (And debian jessie, if you use backports)
14:42:23 <bstinson> walters: i'll open a bug for us to track this
14:42:26 <bstinson> Arrfab: yes
14:42:34 <TrevorH> it'll all be *fine* when 7.4 drops, honest
14:42:34 <walters> could be, i only tested from a fedora container
14:42:41 <lpancescu> fedora works, of course
14:42:50 <walters> ok, we can move on
14:43:09 <bstinson> #topic Open Floor
14:44:05 <alphacc> I need approval on https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12945
14:44:29 <rlandy> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12829 - would like to ask if we can use the delorean and rdo_trunk pattern for images
14:46:13 <bstinson> alphacc: i'll see if i can track tfherbert down
14:47:17 <bstinson> rlandy: kbsingh is the one to bug about that
14:47:43 <rlandy> thanks
14:49:00 <bstinson> anything else for open floor?
14:51:12 <bstinson> if not, closing in 1m
14:52:03 <bstinson> thanks all!
14:52:05 <bstinson> #endmeeting