17:00:04 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
17:00:04 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Sep  6 17:00:04 2017 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:04 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:00:12 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:00:14 * jdetiber waves
17:00:46 <tdawson> Hi jdetiber
17:04:21 <marcindulak> Hi everyone
17:04:33 <tdawson> Hi marcindulak
17:04:56 <tdawson> Does anyone know if sdodson is going to make it, I'm not seeing him on this channel.
17:05:05 <tdawson> or _ari_?
17:05:45 <tdawson> #chair tdawson jdetiber marcindulak
17:05:45 <centbot> Current chairs: jdetiber marcindulak tdawson
17:05:55 <tdawson> Well, maybe this will be a short meeting this week.
17:06:01 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:06:05 * _ari_ here  sorry
17:06:12 <tdawson> Starting with rpms.
17:06:37 <tdawson> I don't really have anything to say about new rpms
17:07:40 <tdawson> The only things I've heard about are dealing with automation and multi-arch ... so unless someone has anything .... we could skip to the next subject, wich is automation.
17:08:14 <tdawson> _ari_: How are things going on the automation side?
17:09:17 <_ari_> tdawson: unfortunately nothing new besides us updating and refactoring pipeline libs
17:09:39 <_ari_> tdawson: I am looking to have this converted for oue jobs next week
17:09:55 <_ari_> tdawson: I was at Jenkins World this past week which was pretty awesome
17:10:18 <tdawson> Both very cool (getting those converted ... and Jenkins World)
17:10:27 <_ari_> yes sir
17:10:34 <_ari_> nothing else besides that
17:11:32 <tdawson> _ari_: Very good
17:11:54 <tdawson> _ari_: The one thing I've noticed ... and it's good ... is that the automated future builds, are still being successful.
17:12:19 <_ari_> tdawson: thanks to jdetiber getting the dep fixed and merged
17:12:30 <tdawson> _ari_: Hopefully you can make the tansition, and we'll continue to have successful future builds.
17:12:37 <tdawson> :)
17:12:39 <tdawson> Yep
17:12:55 <jdetiber> _ari_: could you take a look at https://github.com/CentOS-PaaS-SIG/paas-sig-ci/pull/37, try to reduce some of the noise of the future builds :)
17:13:40 <tdawson> OK, moving on to multi-arch
17:13:57 <tdawson> err ... unless you need more time in automation
17:14:03 <_ari_> jdetiber: done
17:14:12 <tdawson> jdetiber: How are things looking in the multi-arch world of openshift?
17:14:13 <jdetiber> tdawson: that was the only thing I had for automation :)
17:14:15 <_ari_> jdetiber: will update the jobs
17:14:55 <jdetiber> I've still been working on getting my multi-arch build and test tooling changes merged, it's been complicated a bit by the build tooling images being moved to the new OpenShift-based CI
17:15:13 <jdetiber> So, I've been working on enabling docker cross-builds for that env
17:15:49 <tdawson> jdetiber: Did you see the email from someone trying to run our aarch64 builds?
17:16:21 <jdetiber> Been fighting through some issues related to backporting qemu, fixing a binfmt issue in the qemu package, and fixing a golang issue for the backported version of qemu
17:16:57 <jdetiber> tdawson: I did, but I was putting off the reply hoping to be further along at this point...  I'll reply this afternoon
17:17:09 <tdawson> jdetiber: OK
17:17:26 <jdetiber> Short answer is, that they will have to build all of the images locally for it to work right now
17:17:48 <tdawson> jdetiber: I noticed that we only had 1.5 built in the multi-arch ... did you want to try building out 1.6 there?
17:17:55 <tdawson> jdetiber: That makes sense.
17:18:29 <jdetiber> tdawson: I can kick off a 1.6 build later today as well, I wouldn't expect too many issues there
17:18:58 <tdawson> jdetiber: Sounds good.
17:19:26 <tdawson> It's not critical, but I'm sure people would appreciate working on the 1.6 version when doing the multi-arch
17:19:41 <jdetiber> Once I can finish getting the tooling changes, I expect the build/test pipeline work should go quickly
17:20:15 <tdawson> Here's hoping the tooling changes don't take too much more work
17:20:27 <tdawson> jdetiber: Anything else on the multi-arch side?
17:20:35 <jdetiber> Not that I can think of
17:20:56 <tdawson> OK, moving on to Documentation
17:21:26 <tdawson> All the documentation got updated last time, so unless anyone has a blog or documetation they want me to link to, we're good for the moment.
17:21:55 <tdawson> Moving on to Images and Image building
17:22:25 <tdawson> I don't see anyone here for images or image building ... kbsingh ... if you are around ... do you have anything to report on images?
17:22:52 <tdawson> While we're waiting for him (if he's around) lets move onto minishift
17:23:09 <tdawson> marcindulak: How is the minishift rpms and stuff doing?
17:23:49 <marcindulak> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/1300 - minisfhift developers suggest making a minishift for just for the purpose of having vendor libraries downloaded by glided and packaged as tarball
17:24:29 <marcindulak> I'm not sure about all details: maybe make a for and rename the repository to minishift-vendor?
17:25:29 <marcindulak> another details is about minishift using .git during make test - this means running make test when building from minishift tarball won't work
17:25:57 <marcindulak> fork
17:26:31 <tdawson> marcindulak: Ya, I was seeing that ... they seem to be really opposed to distributing it via any other method than the one they set forth.
17:27:51 <marcindulak> that makes sense, there can be even a problem with a go compiler used when building an rpm
17:28:41 <tdawson> marcindulak: Yep ... which is why we have the go compiler tagged into our openshift override ... to make sure that doesn't change without us knowing it.
17:29:39 <tdawson> At least when they say "you should fork" they aren't meaning "get away from us" ... they just mean have your vendor stuff on that fork ... sorta.
17:29:50 <marcindulak> would it be somehow possible to use similar a pipeline for minishift rpm as you are doing for openshift?
17:30:50 <tdawson> I think it's possible ... but it would have to be different
17:32:21 <tdawson> The OpenShift package has all the vendor stuff in it ... so that part would be different.
17:34:38 <tdawson> _ari_: What do you think ... do you think he'd be marcindulak would be able to setup minishift builds similar to how we setup openshift builds?
17:37:47 <tdawson> marcindulak: Anything else we can help with?
17:38:56 <marcindulak> not for now, I may just try such fork one day and see if this will make an rpm build possible
17:39:18 <tdawson> marcindulak: Sounds good ... and good luck with that.
17:39:28 <tdawson> I'm very interested to see how things end up.
17:39:41 <tdawson> Moving on to Open Floor
17:39:47 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:40:00 <tdawson> Does anyone have anything else we haven't already covered?
17:42:40 <tdawson> I'm going to take the lack of noise as an indication that we're done.
17:42:54 <tdawson> I'll talk to ya'll next week.
17:43:07 <tdawson> #endmeeting