17:02:07 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
17:02:07 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Mar  7 17:02:07 2018 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:02:07 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:02:14 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:02:28 <bowlofeggs> bstinson: it doesn't but i could make that change. is it possible to have a single PR trigger several separate test runs across my test matrix?
17:02:28 <tdawson> Sorry for being late, I thought I was logged in, but evidently I wasn't.
17:02:36 <bowlofeggs> oh sorry i'll wait till the meeting is over
17:03:04 <tdawson> bowlofeggs: If it's quick, you can continue, we have roll call for 5 minutes at the first.
17:03:32 <bowlofeggs> meh, i can wait, but thanks for the offer :)
17:03:50 <tdawson> sdodson: Are you going to be able to make it this week?
17:03:59 <sdodson> tdawson: sure, i'm here
17:04:07 <tdawson> hi sdodson :)
17:04:18 <tdawson> _ari_: How about you?
17:04:38 * _ari_ here
17:05:06 <tdawson> Hi _ari_ :)
17:05:34 <tdawson> brig-man: Will you be lurking around the meeting as well?
17:05:36 * _ari_ waves
17:06:18 <tdawson> #chair tdawson  sdodson _ari_
17:06:18 <centbot> Current chairs: _ari_ sdodson tdawson
17:06:26 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:06:43 <tdawson> Let's start with rpms (as well as automation)
17:07:20 <tdawson> We have origin 3.7.1 in -testing ... at https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin37/
17:07:20 <_ari_> tdawson: done :)
17:07:33 <_ari_> tdawson: I always did 3.10 for both origin and OA
17:07:44 <_ari_> *also
17:08:34 <tdawson> Yep ... and it looks like we have one for 3.9.0-alpha4, and 3.8.0-alpha1
17:09:05 <tdawson> Those are also in their respective testing repos - https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin38/ https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin39/
17:09:16 <sdodson> Ok, that's great news.
17:09:18 <_ari_> tdawson: everything in place that anyone with access can create any build at this point?
17:09:28 <tdawson> Hmmm ... I think we need to request the -testing repo's for 10-12.
17:10:08 <tdawson> _ari_: If they are setup for testing, yes.  not necessarily for released.
17:10:33 <tdawson> sdodson: Do you know if anyone has tested the 3.7.1 release packages yet?
17:10:45 <sdodson> tdawson: No I don't and I haven't had time to do it myself.
17:11:03 <sdodson> I imagine we'll see some people test soon, I can try to get to it but it may not be until Friday.
17:11:04 <tdawson> sdodson: OK.  I haven't heard back from anyone either.
17:11:33 <tdawson> I'd like to have at least one successful test before we push those into -release.
17:11:54 <_ari_> tdawson: +1
17:12:53 <sdodson> yeah, that's fine with me
17:13:22 <tdawson> I'm not sure if I mentioned, but we have corresponding openshift-ansibles with each of those as well.
17:14:43 <tdawson> So, for at least origin and openshift-ansible, we're all caught up on all versions.  Ya!!
17:15:07 <tdawson> sdodson: Do you know of any other packages that we might be missing?
17:15:21 <sdodson> tdawson: no, I don't think there are any
17:15:32 <tdawson> Awesome
17:15:51 <tdawson> Let's move on to automation ... even though _ari_ gave a very short summary earlier. :)
17:16:27 <tdawson> _ari_: How are things going in the automation?
17:16:31 <_ari_> tdawson: sure more detail
17:17:13 <_ari_> So as of now we have a trigger that looks for a new tag in the origin or the openshift-ansible repo when that occurs we build official releases
17:17:44 <_ari_> the same pipeline that builds the official releases builds master branch multiple times a day
17:18:09 <_ari_> This job also allows someone with access to build any version they want as well that exists
17:18:15 <_ari_> I think that covers it
17:18:29 <tdawson> _ari_: Ya!!!
17:18:48 <_ari_> tdawson: AFAIK then all work is complete
17:18:55 <tdawson> _ari_: Thank you for getting that going and working so well.  We really appreciate it.
17:19:12 <_ari_> tdawson: my pleasure thanks for your help with debugging
17:19:19 <tdawson> Anytime
17:19:48 <tdawson> _ari_: So, is this your last week with us?  Or will you be at next weeks meeting for your last week?
17:20:13 <tdawson> Which is really weird to say ... you've been with this SIG since the beginning.
17:20:41 <_ari_> tdawson: one more week
17:20:46 <_ari_> then I am done :(
17:21:19 <tdawson> We'll be sad to see you leave, but we totally understand.
17:21:22 <_ari_> I may still sit in here and there but other priorities are consuming my time as they are yours as well
17:21:40 <tdawson> You've done alot of great stuff for this SIG.
17:22:26 <_ari_> tdawson: Thanks!
17:22:33 <_ari_> tdawson: it has been great working with you
17:22:36 <tdawson> Yep, but with the automation setup, the way you got it, it makes my workload much lower.
17:22:55 <_ari_> tdawson: automation is awesome!
17:23:05 <tdawson> Yep Yep Yep
17:23:31 <tdawson> OK, moving on to the next items on the agenda.
17:24:19 <tdawson> We still don't have anyone working on multi-arch, but if people ever need a build, it shouldn't be too hard to build one for them.
17:24:40 <tdawson> Changing to Documentation
17:25:07 <tdawson> I didn't get links to _ari_'s pages up yet.  I still have the links and I plan on getting those put up this next week.
17:25:41 <_ari_> tdawson: this is for a blog on the wiki right
17:25:56 <_ari_> tdawson: I will get what I have in the README up there
17:26:04 <tdawson> _ari_: For the Paas SIG wiki, yes.
17:26:14 <_ari_> tdawson: I will get that in there
17:26:29 <tdawson> OK, thank you
17:27:18 <tdawson> Moving on to images and image building  ...
17:28:06 <tdawson> There have been some update to the CCCPS, but nothing that really affects our SIG.
17:29:02 <tdawson> I think that covers the OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:29:16 <tdawson> #topic Upcomming Committee Member Changes
17:29:30 <tdawson> So, as was said earlier, next week will be _ari_'s last week.
17:30:02 <tdawson> He's got the automation all in order, so I dno't think we're in imediate need of a replacement ... but it would still be nice.
17:30:47 <tdawson> We've had two people thus far say they would be willing to be on the committee, but they haven't said which roles they would like to do.
17:31:30 <tdawson> sdodson: Do you know if there is any movement from the OpenShift side to get another person on the committee?
17:33:34 <tdawson> I'm going to assume that there isn't anyone coming from the official OpenShift side, and continue to look at the greater communittee.
17:34:18 <tdawson> That's about all the news I have for that.
17:34:26 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:34:51 <tdawson> Anything that anyone wants to bring up that wasn't on the agenda?
17:35:11 <kbsingh> did the rpm versions get resolved ?
17:35:30 <tdawson> kbsingh: Yes, I believe so.
17:35:36 <kbsingh> cool!
17:35:44 <kbsingh> jfchevrette: want to try an upgrade ?
17:35:44 <sdodson> tdawson: no i don't know of any movement there.
17:36:08 <sdodson> tdawson: I've brought it up as a concern because the installer depends so much on centos paas sig and we don't have anyone to dedicate to the effort who has enough time.
17:36:12 <tdawson> For "released" versions, we have <version>-1.%{dist}
17:36:48 <tdawson> For "non-released" versions we have <version>-0.{alpha, beta, whatever it is}.%{dist}
17:38:41 <tdawson> So, the 3.7.1 that we plan on releasing is origin-3.7.1-1.el7.git.0.0a2d6a1 ... while the 3.10.0 alpha is origin-3.10.0-0.alpha.0.el7.git.0.42168f5
17:39:45 <tdawson> sdodson: OK, thanks for bringing it up.
17:40:18 <tdawson> kbsingh: jfchevrette: Please test and let us know.  We haven't had anyone report back yet.
17:40:31 <kbsingh> tdawson: willdo
17:40:38 <kbsingh> i thikn jfchevrette stepped out for lunch
17:40:44 <kbsingh> will grab him once he's back
17:40:58 <jfchevrette> kbsingh: tdawson: yes I saw the email on the mailing list earlier today. can confirm yum can see the new package now. hopefully i can attempt an upgrade this week
17:41:00 <tdawson> kbsingh: OK, thanks
17:41:15 <jfchevrette> thanks tdawson :)
17:41:19 <tdawson> jfchevrette: great
17:41:50 <tdawson> jfchevrette: Most of the thanks goes to _ari_ ... he's been working his tail off to get the automation setup to be just the way we want it.
17:42:24 <_ari_> tdawson: you are making me blush ;) lol
17:42:31 <tdawson> *laughs*
17:43:18 <tdawson> Anything else before we close the meeting?
17:43:41 <_ari_> As I pointed out to tdawson there are definitely optimizations that could be made in running origin and OA in parallel but I don't think we need it atm
17:44:52 <tdawson> We'll talk to ya'll next week.
17:45:21 <tdawson> #endmeeting