17:01:19 <tdawson> #startmeeting CentOS PaaS SIG
17:01:19 <centbot> Meeting started Wed Mar 14 17:01:19 2018 UTC.  The chair is tdawson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:01:19 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:01:28 <tdawson> #topic roll call
17:02:38 <brig-man> tdawson: here
17:02:46 <tdawson> Hi brig-man
17:02:52 <brig-man> hi
17:03:35 * _ari_ here
17:04:34 <tdawson> Hi _ari_
17:05:21 <tdawson> sdodson: Are you here this week?  Has the one hour daylight savings time change affected you?
17:05:55 <tdawson> #chair tdawson  _ari_ brig-man
17:05:55 <centbot> Current chairs: _ari_ brig-man tdawson
17:06:02 <tdawson> #topic OpenShift on CentOS Current Status
17:06:15 <tdawson> Starting with rpms.
17:07:20 <tdawson> We still haven't released 3.7.1.  I haven't had a single person let me know it's passed for them.
17:07:46 <sdodson> tdawson: Sorry, I'm in a series of meetings today. I'll try to answer any questions asked of me though.
17:07:52 <tdawson> But, on a related note, I believe there is/was a security issue that needed to be fixed, causing the delay.
17:07:58 <sdodson> tdawson: i haven't tested 3.7.1
17:08:14 <tdawson> sdodson: Do you know if we should be releasing 3.7.1 due to the security issue you mentioned on the github issue?
17:08:33 <sdodson> tdawson: I believe there will be a 3.7.2 but I'll check
17:09:09 <brig-man> tdawson: From the outside looking at just the wiki, I wouldn't know that I could test 3.7.1.  It isn't in any of the repos the wiki points to.
17:09:29 <tdawson> I guess we could always just release 3.7.1 and see if anyone gets upset.
17:10:15 <sdodson> tdawson: 3.7.1 doesn't have the fixes, but i know it fixes quite some bugs. i think we should release it
17:10:29 <tdawson> It's in the origin37-testing repo - https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin37/ ... but you are right, I don't think we have documented how to test from the testing repo.
17:10:49 <sdodson> brig-man: you should be able to enable the testing repos, openshift_repos_enable_testing=true
17:11:26 <tdawson> sdodson: Can that be done via the command line?
17:11:47 <brig-man> sdodson: I would still need to determine the version to set in the inventory file.
17:11:51 <sdodson> tdawson: ansible-playbook -e openshift_repos_enable_testing=true
17:12:09 <tdawson> sdodson: Cool, I'll see about getting that into the documentation.
17:14:03 <brig-man> sdodson: Is it expected that doing the install would use the git repo for openshift-ansible instead of the rpm packages?
17:14:45 <tdawson> As for the other builds, everything seems to still be building correctly in the automated stuff
17:16:09 <_ari_> \o/
17:16:45 <tdawson> :)
17:17:08 <tdawson> Does anyone have anything else dealing with rpm's (outside of automation) that needs to be brought up?
17:18:23 <tdawson> ok moving on to automation
17:18:30 <tdawson> _ari_: Anything to report?
17:18:54 <_ari_> tdawson: posted the info to the PaaS Wiki
17:18:59 <_ari_> No other code changes
17:19:22 <tdawson> _ari_: I saw the infor on the PaaS Wiki ... looks very good, thank you for that.
17:19:24 <_ari_> tdawson: I may come to future meetings just to answer questions but may not
17:19:30 <_ari_> tdawson: np
17:19:37 <tdawson> And everything looks like it's running smooth.
17:19:54 <_ari_> tdawson: yes finally I am glad I can leave it in a good state to generate releases
17:20:08 <_ari_> Nothing else from me
17:20:09 <tdawson> _ari_: We've had two people volunteer to help with the automation ... so it's nice that it's running good, and documented.
17:20:36 <_ari_> tdawson: Yes I saw that I am happy to talk with them at a meeting or answer any questions
17:20:52 <_ari_> tdawson: there are definitely improvements that can be made to run pieces in parallel
17:21:17 <tdawson> Yep.  We'll see if they can do that without breaking things :)
17:21:19 <_ari_> tdawson: I also think there are things that can be automated in some of the manual tasks you do in posting things to testing or release etc
17:21:32 <tdawson> Oh ya ... that would be good too.
17:21:57 <_ari_> then things are automated all the way through as long as build targets exist
17:21:59 <tdawson> But all of those things take time ... and since I know your time was getting used up, I'm glad that things are stable.
17:24:03 <tdawson> Moving on
17:24:15 <tdawson> I thought I took Multi-arch off the agenda ... need to update that.
17:24:23 <tdawson> Anything for Multi-arch before we go to Documentation?
17:24:50 <tdawson> OK, moving on to Documentation.
17:25:45 <tdawson> _ari_ updated the release workflow wiki page - https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS/OpenShift-Origin-Release-Workflow
17:26:05 <tdawson> Lots of good information there, with lots of good links to the github area for more details.
17:26:39 <tdawson> Again, thank you _ari_ for that.  Those that come after you will appreciate it.
17:26:50 <_ari_> tdawson: my pleasure
17:27:12 <brig-man> _ari_: thanks for your work.
17:27:22 <_ari_> brig-man: :)
17:27:23 <tdawson> I'll be updating ... somewhere, I'm not sure where yet, on how to test new packages before they are released.
17:29:18 <tdawson> Oh, looks like I do have a testing page, that isn't linked anywhere ... ok, I'll put it there clean out the old stuff, and link it with the rest.
17:29:44 <tdawson> Anything else dealing with Documentation?
17:30:49 <tdawson> Hmm, I don't have anything for Images or Imagee building either.
17:31:21 <tdawson> OK, moving on to the next topic
17:31:36 <tdawson> #topic Upcomming Committee Member Changes
17:32:34 <tdawson> We've had four people volunteer to help replace me and _ari_
17:32:47 <tdawson> A couple people for each roll, so that is good.
17:33:24 <tdawson> Only one of those people is from Red Hat, so I'm in the middle of asking kbsingh about how we go about adding non-redhat people to the SIG's.
17:33:52 <tdawson> I think the main thing is figuring out how to veirfy that a person is who they say they are.
17:34:17 <brig-man> tdawson: get hired by Red Hat?
17:34:28 <tdawson> brig-man: Not that I don't believe you are who you say you are, but we need to find out what the CentOS policy is.
17:34:39 <tdawson> brig-man: That's always a good way :)
17:36:20 <tdawson> hmmm ... I wonder if pointing everyone to jobs.redhat.com is a proper thing to do.
17:37:13 <TrevorH> pretty sure there's no requirement for an @redhat.com email address to become involved with SIGs
17:37:14 <tdawson> I think, related to the change, we might need to figure out again what the best time is for everyone, once the main players in the committee get going.
17:37:51 <tdawson> TrevorH: I believe you
17:38:10 <TrevorH> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup
17:38:27 <TrevorH> "SIG members are appointed by the SIG team leader, and may have elevated privileges, like write access to the relevant Wiki section or SVN tree, depending on the role of the SIG member. "
17:38:38 <TrevorH> that's about all the rules there ;)
17:39:26 <tdawson> Huh ... well then, that makes thing easier I think.
17:40:28 <gwd> The first SIG was the Virt SIG, which has a non-RH team leader (me). :-)
17:40:53 <tdawson> They'd have to get the appropriate accounts, so they can log into the wiki, and jenkins ... but I know those pages are already up to date.
17:41:20 <tdawson> Cool
17:41:29 <tdawson> OK, then I feel much better about this.
17:42:30 <tdawson> All the original Paas committee members were all Red Hat employees, so I wasn't sure what the policies were.
17:43:40 <tdawson> OK, then, I'll be sending out an email to those four, and we'll get the ball rolling in getting ya'll onto the committee.
17:44:09 <brig-man> Ya! :)
17:44:56 <tdawson> Any, we'll see why the other three have never been to one of these meetings.  That's why I'm wondering if we're going to need to change the time.
17:45:36 <tdawson> OK, any other questions about the new comittee members?
17:46:39 <tdawson> Alright, let's move on to the next topic
17:46:47 <tdawson> #topic Open Floor
17:47:14 <tdawson> Does anyone have anything to talk about, that we haven't already covered?
17:48:42 <tdawson> Alright then ... thanks to everyone for being here.
17:48:57 <tdawson> And _ari_, if this is your last week here, thank you very much for all the work you've done.
17:49:15 <tdawson> We really appreciate it.
17:49:30 <tdawson> Expecially thank you for getting everything working and documented before going.
17:50:13 <tdawson> OK, talk to everyone next week.
17:50:19 <tdawson> #endmeeting