14:08:31 <bstinson> #startmeeting CBS/Infra
14:08:31 <centbot> Meeting started Mon Jul  8 14:08:31 2019 UTC.  The chair is bstinson. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:08:31 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:08:37 <bstinson> #chair alphacc Arrfab
14:08:38 <centbot> Current chairs: Arrfab alphacc bstinson
14:08:59 <bstinson> #topic Agenda
14:09:12 <bstinson> #info Topic: Status Updates
14:09:17 <bstinson> #info Topic: Account Requests
14:09:37 <bstinson> alphacc: anything you'd like to put on the agenda for this week?
14:11:19 <Arrfab> bstinson: I'd like to discuss small cbs maintenance (storage node)
14:11:35 <bstinson> #info Topic: CBS Maintenance window
14:11:48 <bstinson> #info Topic: Open Floor
14:11:52 <bstinson> #topic Status Updates
14:13:00 <alphacc> hi bstinson
14:13:05 <bstinson> for a C8 Update, we've finished building the whole packageset (including 0-day updates). The QA group is working on testing composes over the next bit of time
14:13:12 <bstinson> update blog post to come out soon
14:13:36 <alphacc> ok great ! I'll give boot.iso a go asap
14:14:16 <alphacc> not many tickets waiting for us I think
14:14:47 <alphacc> it was just this question about alias that kbsingh mentionned last week
14:15:04 <alphacc> for MoosFS
14:15:05 <rbowen> Yeah, I was hoping that would come up.
14:15:35 <alphacc> I have no power over this, so not sure what can be done
14:16:21 <alphacc> To summarize, the request is having a single generic account to do all builds in a.c.o
14:16:22 <bstinson> i'm not sure i followed that. can we give a little bit of background?
14:16:44 <alphacc> for the MooseFS team, let me fwd the email right now
14:16:58 <Arrfab> alphacc: aka "build-bot" ?
14:17:10 <alphacc> I think we did it for other sigs ?
14:17:10 <Arrfab> I mean like rdo-builder for rdo/sig-cloud ?
14:17:16 <alphacc> yep I think so
14:17:30 <alphacc> it's how I understood it, maybe rbowen has more context
14:17:43 <rbowen> MooseFS wants a single "role" account, rather than individual contributor accounts. I don't know what the technical limitations are on that, but it kind of feels weird from a community perspective.
14:18:01 <rbowen> But the impression that I got was that we had done this before.
14:18:06 <bstinson> they should each do individual accounts so we know who's in the SIG
14:18:11 <rbowen> I'm really not sure what their reasons are for doing it that way.
14:18:14 <bstinson> but for automation purposes: https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide#head-c256691b201cc88e4ffa53f3dee8c78b8cdca430
14:18:38 <bstinson> we could tweak that a little bit to include the SIG-subproject and allow bot accounts at that level
14:19:01 <rbowen> I mean, if *I* were setting policy, I'd say, no, we don't do that, we need individual accounts. But I'm not.
14:19:25 <rbowen> Having bot accounts for automation is awesome. *not* having individual accounts for contributors feels weird.
14:20:01 <Arrfab> rbowen: so it would be both ? (like it was done for rdobuilder account, while *real* contributors also have ACO account)
14:20:29 <rbowen> Yeah, that seems like the right approach.
14:21:38 <Arrfab> problem though is that once you have such bot account, new real contributors aren't known, as they use that bot account :(
14:22:42 <bstinson> i don't think there's a way around that with our current setup
14:23:00 <rbowen> Yes, and that's something that we will need to address with the MooseFS community to ensure that we actually get a list of SIG participants.
14:25:14 <bstinson> alphacc: do you want to respond to those folks?
14:25:29 <bstinson> or rbowen?
14:26:00 <rbowen> Sure, I can do that. I was copied on that thread with Niels.
14:26:22 <bstinson> cool
14:26:25 <alphacc> ok then. problem solved :)
14:27:07 <bstinson> what else do we have for status updates this week?
14:31:44 <Arrfab> bstinson: for cbs, nothing else I think. There is still the pending task about migrating cbs, but probably to mbox, and after c8 itself will be released, so not for now
14:32:03 <bstinson> Arrfab: that's a longer-term thing for sure
14:32:09 <Arrfab> yep
14:32:19 <bstinson> #topic Account Requests
14:33:03 <bstinson> #info CI: 1 account pending (NooBa). 4 account changes/resets pending
14:33:13 <bstinson> kbsingh: anything to report in ACO?
14:33:37 <bstinson> i'm guessing you'll have more soon with the MooseFS folks :)
14:34:03 <kbsingh> yeah, nothing interesting
14:34:13 <kbsingh> a couple more accounts got deactivated with the users not renewing
14:35:52 <bstinson> cool
14:35:58 <bstinson> #topic CBS Maintenance window
14:36:01 <bstinson> Arrfab: you're up
14:36:59 <Arrfab> so, I'd like to take cbs down for ~1h tomorrow morning (6AM UTC) : reason is : maintenance/upgrade to centos 7 on the nfs server exporting (also) cbs storage
14:37:38 <Arrfab> at this hour it's usually quiet and nobody really building in cbs, so that seems the best timeslot for this
14:37:47 <bstinson> wfm
14:38:01 <Arrfab> ok, I'll announce this on centos-devel
14:38:10 <bstinson> alphacc: any objection?
14:38:49 <Arrfab> #info CBS to go down for storage migration on 2019-07-09 at 6am UTC. expected downtime : less than 1h
14:39:41 <Arrfab> bstinson: I already discussed that with him earlier, but yeah, good asking him again in this meeting :-)
14:40:03 <bstinson> ok, if you agreed already then we're good
14:41:50 <bstinson> #topic Open Floor
14:41:53 <bstinson> what else for today?
14:45:16 <bstinson> last call for anything to discuss at the CBS meeting
14:45:23 <bstinson> we'll close out in 2 minutes otherwise
14:45:24 <smooge> thanks for running
14:46:13 <Arrfab> thanks
14:47:58 <bstinson> #endmeeting