#centos-meeting: NFV SIG relaunch 2020-07-22

Meeting started by amoralej at 15:00:39 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. roll call (amoralej, 15:01:22)
  2. current situation of NV SIG (amoralej, 15:04:27)
    1. https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/NFVSIG-meeting (amoralej, 15:04:32)
    2. my proposal was to relaunch it to host Red Hat Fast DataPath packages for CentOS and other packages related to NFV (amoralej, 15:07:35)

  3. goals for NFV SIG (amoralej, 15:08:41)
    1. the first goal is to rebuild FDP released SRPMs (amoralej, 15:09:03)
    2. http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/8Base/en/Fast-Datapath/SRPMS/ (amoralej, 15:09:51)
    3. the goal is rebuild FDP srpms with minimal (hopefully none) divergence from FDP (amoralej, 15:19:50)
    4. if some change is needed in distgits, we'll use NFV SIG branches of openvswitch and ovn in git.centos.org (amoralej, 15:20:21)
    5. initially OVS 2.11 and 2.13 will be rebuilt for CentOS8 (amoralej, 15:22:16)
    6. we'll create per-release branches in openvswitch and ovn repos in git.centos.org to store spec for the different releases (amoralej, 15:26:53)
    7. ACTION: amoralej to create branches in openvswitch and ovn repos (amoralej, 15:27:07)
    8. a single tag/repo will be created to contain all rebuilds from fdp (amoralej, 15:40:47)
    9. AGREED: tag for ovs/ovn will be nfv8-openvswitch-2 (amoralej, 15:45:18)
    10. ACTION: amoralej to request new tags (amoralej, 15:45:32)
    11. once the packages are tagged in -testing, we can send a mail to centos-devel ML asking users to test it (amoralej, 15:49:13)

  4. sig members (amoralej, 15:53:32)
    1. ACTION: amoralej to send a mail to current members of nfv sig to ask if they want to stay as maintainers (amoralej, 15:55:15)
    2. ACTION: anyone interested in participating in the sig can request access to the sig-nfv group in https://accounts.centos.org/group/view/sig-nfv (amoralej, 15:57:24)

  5. SIG communication (amoralej, 15:58:02)
    1. for mailing list communication we can use centos-devel with [nfv] tag (amoralej, 15:59:53)
    2. irc conversations will be in #centos-devel in freenode (amoralej, 16:00:12)
    3. a bi-weekly meeting will be scheduled on Wednesday at 15:00 UTC starting next week (amoralej, 16:03:15)
    4. ACTION: amoralej to update NFV Sig home page in wiki (amoralej, 16:04:23)
    5. https://wiki.centos.org/action/newaccount/FrontPage?action=newaccount (amoralej, 16:08:05)


Meeting ended at 16:10:57 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. amoralej to create branches in openvswitch and ovn repos
  2. amoralej to request new tags
  3. amoralej to send a mail to current members of nfv sig to ask if they want to stay as maintainers
  4. anyone interested in participating in the sig can request access to the sig-nfv group in https://accounts.centos.org/group/view/sig-nfv
  5. amoralej to update NFV Sig home page in wiki


Action items, by person

  1. amoralej
    1. amoralej to create branches in openvswitch and ovn repos
    2. amoralej to request new tags
    3. amoralej to send a mail to current members of nfv sig to ask if they want to stay as maintainers
    4. amoralej to update NFV Sig home page in wiki


People present (lines said)

  1. amoralej (208)
  2. dholler (49)
  3. cfontain (34)
  4. ykarel (17)
  5. centbot (5)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.