16:00:08 <pjgeorg> #startmeeting Kmods SIG
16:00:08 <centbot> Meeting started Mon Dec 13 16:00:08 2021 UTC.  The chair is pjgeorg. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:08 <centbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:16 <billings> Good Day
16:00:19 <pjgeorg> Hi
16:00:49 <billings> It turns out the kmod I thought lenovo wanted us to build is already built in CentOS, so it was a dead end.
16:01:08 <pjgeorg> Ok. Less work for us :)
16:01:16 <billings> (ec_sys)
16:02:21 <billings> its actually something we need to collect embedded controler registers
16:02:24 <pjgeorg> Concerning CentOS Stream 9 we are still blocked by https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/src/kernel/centos-stream-9/-/merge_requests/163
16:02:33 <pjgeorg> So nothing new to report there :(
16:02:42 <billings> Dang
16:03:45 <pjgeorg> I hope this change makes it into the next kernel build (-30). It has already been marked as ReadyForMerge for some days.
16:03:46 <billings> looks like it is tagged readyForMerge
16:03:51 <billings> yeah
16:04:06 <billings> I can poke someone internal
16:05:04 <billings> Ah, how do you add a task?
16:05:05 <pjgeorg> Maybe that helps. I have to say that I'm surprised it is not merged yet. Especially as it has already been tested.
16:05:30 <pjgeorg> #chair pjgeorg billings
16:05:30 <centbot> Current chairs: billings pjgeorg
16:06:06 <pjgeorg> In IRC? Command is "action <username> <todo>"
16:06:22 <billings> I meant in the meeting notes
16:06:33 <pjgeorg> Yes, that's the command
16:07:16 <billings> #action billings See what is delaying the merge of https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/src/kernel/centos-stream-9/-/merge_requests/163
16:10:03 <pjgeorg> There is also a bug report by Neal Gompa https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2031547 to enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLAKE2B
16:11:17 <pjgeorg> Enabling this we might actually be able to provide a kmod-btrfs. Especially if we might get some help from the Hyperscale SIG.
16:12:15 <billings> Oh, that'd be awesome
16:13:09 <pjgeorg> I already had a look at it once, but stopped cause of the missing BLAKE2B. And that's something I do not want to provide via Kmods SIG.
16:13:20 <billings> Agreed.
16:13:59 <billings> interesting that s390x gets it compiled in but everything else it's a module.
16:14:13 <billings> s390x gets so much special treatment. :)
16:15:07 <pjgeorg> Copied from associated MR: "It's on as a module in most cases, but the zfcpdump variant requires it to be built-in, so it's set accordingly."
16:16:52 <pjgeorg> Otherwise I do not have much to report today. CentOS Stream 8 has been pretty calm lately, no new kernel releases.
16:17:08 <billings> indeed.
16:17:44 <billings> I was trying to build a debugging kmod and was thinking it might need documentation
16:18:57 <billings> (just building it with -g)
16:19:59 <billings> honestly, the crash utility isn't super helpful if you don't have a debug version of vmlinux and the kmod
16:20:55 <pjgeorg> Yes, that's right.
16:23:47 <billings> (sorry, outage just happened at work, I'm distracted)
16:25:36 <pjgeorg> No problem. We do not really have anything important to discuss anyway.
16:25:44 <billings> Ok, thanks.
16:25:53 <billings> I'll get back to you if I find out more about that MR
16:26:00 <pjgeorg> The only point I just thought about: Maybe we want to skip the next meeting (on 27th)?
16:26:08 <billings> oh!  yes!
16:26:11 <billings> I won't be online
16:26:21 <pjgeorg> Me neither
16:27:10 <pjgeorg> #agreed Skip next meeting (27th of December)
16:28:05 <billings> thanks!
16:28:23 <billings> I have nothing else.
16:29:28 <pjgeorg> I also do not have anything else. I'll leave the meeting open till 1700UTC in case anyone shows up and wants to ask a question.
16:29:44 <billings> Sounds good.  I need to step away and join a meeting.
16:56:03 <pjgeorg> Note: I just requested all of our el8 tags in cbs to be updated to build against RHEL 8 instead of CentOS Linux 8. This is necessary to provide packages for el8 after end of January 2022. We agreed to do that in the last meeting.
17:00:00 <pjgeorg> #endmeeting