16:00:20 <davide> #startmeeting Hyperscale SIG
16:00:20 <centguard> Meeting started Wed Jul 20 16:00:20 2022 UTC.  The chair is davide. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:20 <centguard> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:20 <centguard> The meeting name has been set to 'hyperscale_sig'
16:00:57 <davide> #chair dcavalca Conan Kudo
16:00:57 <centguard> Current chairs: Conan Kudo davide dcavalca
16:01:06 <davide> morning folks
16:01:10 <aekoroglu> morning
16:01:13 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> Good morning
16:01:15 <kcwells> G'mornin
16:01:36 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> (Well good evening in my case)
16:01:52 <aekoroglu> it's 19:00 here too :)
16:03:10 <davide> let's get started
16:03:12 <davide> #topic Followups
16:03:56 <davide> CfP for Dojo is still open: https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/DevConfUS2022
16:04:14 <davide> that wiki also has a link to the hotel room block if you haven't booked your stay yet
16:04:14 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> I still need to submit that talk
16:04:36 <davide> also, we're doing a SIG meetup on the 16th (the day prior): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/centos-hyperscale-sig-meetup-dojodevconfus-2022-tickets-384259589777
16:06:53 <davide> also, our SIG report went out: https://blog.centos.org/2022/07/centos-hyperscale-sig-quarterly-report-for-2022q2/
16:07:33 <davide> anything else for followups?
16:10:16 <davide> ok, let's go to
16:10:20 <davide> #topic Announcements
16:10:49 <davide> as mentioned in the last meeting, I published a hotfix build of the el8 kernel specifically to get a working perf package out
16:11:12 <davide> I can confirm that the new perf package works, as we're currently deploying it in production here
16:11:50 <davide> I've also started working on a Hyperscale packaging of openssh, based on the c9s branch, for both c8s and c9s
16:11:56 <davide> https://git.centos.org/rpms/openssh/tree/c8s-sig-hyperscale is the current WIP for c8s
16:12:20 <davide> FB has a bunch of patches on top of openssh that we're going to try to upstream, and we hope to maintain the ones that are generally useful in here as well
16:12:26 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> Yikes so many patches
16:13:02 <davide> note that those all come from the c9s branch, so far my only contribution here has been https://git.centos.org/rpms/openssh/c/c5fd5856a0b55322930a1c15bb187ac4c57eea8d?branch=c8s-sig-hyperscale
16:13:34 <davide> but yeah, this has always been a somewhat complicated package to maintain
16:14:03 <davide> anything else for announcements?
16:16:09 <davide> oh, I forgot: we have the video hangout later today
16:16:28 <davide> so join that if you can, it's fun!
16:16:34 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> I might join depending on how sleepy I get
16:16:49 <davide> eh, fair enough :)
16:17:02 <davide> alright, let's go to
16:17:05 <davide> #topic Tickets
16:17:49 <davide> I did some tidying up while working on the report here, but I don't think we have notable updates otherwise
16:18:15 <davide> https://pagure.io/centos-sig-hyperscale/containers-releng/pull-request/4 is still blocked on the infra issue around openshift
16:18:25 <davide> i.e. https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/840
16:18:51 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> I just remembered I still need to fix selinux
16:19:05 <davide> crap, yes, you're right
16:19:06 <davide> we should totally do that
16:19:24 * davide is currently running his home router with selinux disabled because of that :)
16:19:51 <anitazha> I was also going to look at that since I'm waiting for the kernel headers to get published for libbpf
16:20:24 <davide> for the record, open systemd issues: https://pagure.io/centos-sig-hyperscale/package-bugs/issues?tags=systemd&status=Open
16:20:31 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> > * <@davide:cavalca.name> is currently running his home router with selinux disabled because of that :)
16:20:31 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> Now I'll definitely join the chat so I can ask about your setup
16:22:23 <davide> anything else for tickets?
16:25:45 <davide> moving on
16:25:48 <davide> #topic Membership
16:27:17 <davide> nothing here I think?
16:27:28 <davide> #topic Misc
16:27:33 <davide> we're making good time today
16:27:38 <davide> anything else folks wanna talk about?
16:29:15 <DaanDeMeyer[m]> It's been pretty quiet on my end on the hyperscale front :(
16:31:27 <davide> we can end it early then, and y'all get some time back
16:31:35 <davide> thanks everyone!
16:31:47 <aekoroglu> thanks
16:31:53 <davide> #endmeeting